Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
You will be joining the Global Support Center Team. They own and manage all development and support for FIS Employees.
What you will be doing:
- Elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies, and information systems
- Translate business needs/end-user requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business requirements
- Works with development team to help drive requirements and help with troubleshooting
- Assesses, applies, and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests. Ensures changes made by programmers are correct
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- 4 to 5 years of Experience in the financial services industry with an emphasis on providing client and/or product support.
- Knowledge of Agile and/or Waterfall software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Familiar with mobile application support
- Strong Microsoft Excel, MS Teams & other Office Suite skills
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors.
Added bonus if you have:
- A Master's degree is desirable.
- Superb customer service skills along with the prowess to know the right technical questions to ask!
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology.
- Time to support charities and give back in your community.
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing.
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect.
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.