Business Systems Analyst - Salesforce at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:17 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for driving improvements in the processes and technologies utilized by Veeva’s Sales, Services & Marketing teams. With a focus on the Salesforce.com platform, this role works closely with a diverse group of global stakeholders to identify and document requirements, define efficient and scalable business processes, implement system changes, develop and manage project plans and execute release management.
The ideal candidate will exhibit a passion for understanding user needs and the critical processes that drive our business teams while also having demonstrated the ability to translate these needs into business capabilities and platform features. This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced environment that requires the ability to perform effectively both as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
To succeed in this role, you must have direct experience working with the Force.com platform. You must be motivated, a self–starter, detail-oriented, have excellent problem-solving skills, and take ownership of work. You must thrive on working with complex business & technical problems and deriving simple solutions that address business needs.
What You'll Do
- Builds the foundation for project efforts by capturing business context – problem definition, current state definition, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc.
- Develop strong partnerships with business stakeholders, development partners, and peers on multi-functional teams across Veeva.
- Provide technical and functional expertise across Veeva’s Sales & Marketing platforms and supporting integrations. Serve as SME across a variety of application functions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for system and process improvement. Partner with Sales, Professional Services, Marketing, and Finance operations teams as necessary
- Facilitate discovery sessions and business process workshops. Be able to diagram and elaborate current & future state application workflows in detail
- Develop detailed requirements and establish traceability to the business vision. Manage the requirements throughout the project lifecycle by establishing agreements and serving as a liaison between business users and the project team
- Act as the project manager for implementation of solutions - Lead and manage the execution of full development lifecycle activities - design, develop, test, and implement system enhancements. Create roadmaps, manage product backlogs, and set delivery cadence
- Develop project artifacts: business requirements, scope, gap analysis, user stories and journeys, process maps, flow diagrams, business rules, business data models, security needs, test plans, and project plans
- Provide platform support, triage incidents, assess & estimate requests for change, track escalations, perform root cause analysis, and work with vendors to resolve system issues
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, release notes and conduct end-user training
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis, requirements development, and solution design, with emphasis on sales and marketing business operations
- 3+ years serving in an analyst, administrator, or architect role on the Salesforce.com platform, preferably within a customized environment of global scale
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices, including but not limited to: Lead generation & nurture, Opportunity, Quote & Order management, Campaign management, user security & data access, process automation & workflow, platform integration, etc. Comprehension of platform usage within an integrated, full-cycle, lead-to-cash operational environment
- Experience designing, documenting, and supporting cross-platform integrations with Salesforce via both custom-built integrations and installed managed packages
- Experience managing vendor relationships and coordinating development efforts across a hybrid team of both internal and external developers residing in distributed locations
- Must have a highly organized and analytical approach to work with strong Business Analysis, Project Management, and Release Management skills
- Must be keen on establishing and nurturing trust-based relationships with personnel at all levels of the organization
- The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with personnel possessing varying levels of technical proficiency is essential
Nice to Have
- Achieved (or working towards) Salesforce Administrator or Developer certifications
- Previous experience in integrating Salesforce with Marketing Automation platforms
- Working knowledge of Pardot/Hubspot
- Prior experience serving as an Agile Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Understanding of multi-cloud integration frameworks & platforms (iPaaS) along with best-practice design patterns
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Discounted gym membership
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]