Business System Analyst at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
As a Risk Management Systems Team member, the Business Systems Analyst is responsible for maintaining day-to-day claims systems support and project managing new technologies within Risk Management. We are looking for a candidate who can get up to speed quickly, has a great attitude, and is passionate about support and service. This candidate is a team player who holds themselves accountable in their responsibilities, team partnership, business user support, and collaboration with internal and external partners. An ideal candidate believes the impossible is possible and can accomplish anything by asking the right questions and thinking outside the box.
- Manage projects of small to medium complexity to ensure business needs are met and completed within a defined schedule and budget.
- Work with vendors and internal partners on tasks to ensure that design, development, and testing are completed successfully for project implementations.
- Work collaboratively with users to understand business problems and opportunities for efficiencies and optimization. Then, analyze and present solution options.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve user-reported system issues, including data interface and functional issues.
- Act as the liaison between business users, IT technical personnel and vendors, to accurately articulate technical issues, business impact, and ensure timely resolution of issues and escalation of complex or critical business problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience with identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving user-reported application issues.
- Ability to interpret business needs into application requirements and recommend solutions for enhancements.
- Ability to partner with Information Technology and 3rd party teams to test upgrades and changes to the environments.
- Ability to effectively communicate highly complex business and technology information with both internal and external contacts in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to lead meetings and reach desired outcomes set for those meetings.
- Must be highly organized and capable of working on many tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams; understanding tasks and responsibilities; providing direction to users and vendors to complete work efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to provide after-hours on-call support for client group in a team rotation, including weekends and holidays.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related Technology field.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP).
- Proven experience with supporting applications: Riskonnect ClearSight, Business Intelligence, Edge, Chrome, and Java.
- Basic knowledge using reporting software such as Crystal Reports.
- Proven experience with supporting Interfaces, including outbound/inbound file transfers and web services.