The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Protective Life’s Reinsurance Systems Team is responsible for maintaining multiple reinsurance system environments which calculate, and report ceded and assumed premiums to third party reinsurance companies. The Business System Analyst I contributes to the successful and accurate reporting of all automated business by correctly interpreting reinsurance contract language, developing proficiency with the reinsurance system platforms, conduct effective and complete research and data mining. The work involves a significant amount of system coding which requires attention to detail as well as sound analytical capability.
- Interpret, analyze, and research reinsurance contracts for the purpose of coding TAI to accurately calculate premiums to third party reinsurers.
- Research reinsurance treaties and validate accuracy between the paper treaty and how policies are administered within the reinsurance administration systems.
- Work closely with the Reinsurance Treaty, Accounting, Administration, Audit, and Project groups to ensure accurate processing and reporting.
- Gain proficiency with software applications which include Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2016, Microsoft Access and Excel 2016, SharePoint 2013, NextGen, LifeCom, and ADMI direct policy administration systems, Application Extender document management system as well as TAI.net version 3.70.
- Assist as needed with third party reinsurance company audits as they are conducted in house periodically.
- Develop system knowledge to serve as a TAI system resource for the reinsurance administration team.
- Work as an integral part of assisting and executing major projects, which may include, but is not limited to, system conversions, acquired reinsurance administration, retention management, business continuity, automation of processes, procedural changes to accommodate new treaty structures, new product designs, and providing critical financial summaries and reporting data to management.
- Participate in major projects such as reinsurance system conversions of acquired business. This includes ensuring that all data was correctly converted from the old system to PLICO’s reinsurance platform, disseminating acquired company reinsurance practices in order to incorporate them into current PLICO administrative/system processes, and becoming familiar with acquired company agreements in order to resolve past reinsurance system problems.
- Perform extensive and thorough research, organize findings, and present results to management for guidance.
- Demonstrate proper prioritization of multiple assignments, while maintaining a sense of urgency to meet strict deadlines.
- Ensure documented procedures and instructions are followed.
- Cultivate relationships with key members of IT support in order to facilitate changes to reinsurance systems and direct system extracts.
- May also assist Director with managing other departmental needs and projects.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
- 2-4 years reinsurance or insurance background preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Exposure to accounting, insurance concepts, treaties, reinsurance administration system rules,
- procedures, and coding, preferred
- Familiar with SQL and Microsoft Access; strong desire to work with large amounts of data, discern patterns, and make decisions
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and Word (knowledge testing may be required prior to employment); ability to grasp and master additional applications
- LOMA ARA certification is a plus
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
More Information on Protective Life
Protective Life operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Birmingham, AL. Protective Life was founded in 2022. It has 2912 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 52 open jobs at Protective Life, click here.
Read Full Job Description