Business Process Sr. Consultant at CNA
Under technical direction, provides process and project support to the business in the development of workflows and content assessment, evaluation, compliance and improvement to support business initiatives and strategies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Responsible for the development and governance of internal and external content for the business.. Understands the business needs and consults and partners with business leaders in planning projects and programs.
- Has excellent attention to detail and strong writing skills, supporting the approval, build out, review and maintenance of technical and administrative content. Responsible for maintaining centralized processing documentation
- Provides analysis and decision support to business to help deliver on key business priorities. Interacts and collaborates with multiple disciplines to gather information, perform analysis, and make recommendations to management to drive continuous improvement.
- Participates in defining process performance measures, determines data availability, advises operational reporting group of required measures, and develops methods and tools to track process performance.
- Works with business partners across organization to improve how operational metrics are gathered, stored and analyzed. Prepares operations, finance and statistical reports using relevant internal and external data.
- Develops and oversees process-related training programs including creating workflows, job aids, training materials and presentations related to internal and external learning opportunities. Evaluates alternatives and external training.
- May act as business project manager for process improvement projects including assisting IT with setting requirements, participating in user acceptance testing and documenting processes.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Knowledge of the insurance industry as well as understanding of the company's products, services, goals and objectives.
2. Solid analytical, organizational and planning skills.
3. Solid business process modeling and analysis skills.
4. Proficiency to facilitate meetings of low complexity.
5. Solid knowledge of project management principles.
6. Knowledge of change management principles and methods.
7. Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills both verbal and written.
8. Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently with little or no direction to drive project and program initiatives.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum of four years of related work experience.