Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the team:
Since Opendoor first started operating in 2014, we’ve learned a lot about buying, managing, and selling real estate. The Homebase unit within Opendoor offers our technology and processes to institutional single-family-home investment partners (REITs). As a Business Operations Associate on Homebase you will take on a variety of analytical and operational projects to drive growth for our business and have the opportunity to play a material role in the development of the team as we grow. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to hone the skills of a business operations generalist while working cross-functionally with Operations, Product, Sales, Engineering, and Finance. You will both own the source of truth on how the business is performing (the data) and get to execute on your findings (the operations).
In this role you will:
- Work closely with product leads, sales and support, and general managers, and finance to measure, improve, and scale the Homebase product and processes.
- Perform ad hoc analyses, develop key business metrics, build/maintain dashboards in SQL and Excel to monitor performance with the goal of helping everyone from operators to senior leadership make data-driven decisions.
- Deeply understand our products and processes so you can help run new ops initiatives, pilot experiments, enhance tooling, and improve the products using effective and scalable operational processes.
- Own and scale operational projects and ensure insights are accessible to leadership at one of the fastest growing business units.
- Pitch in however you can when needed. We're a lean team working in a fast-paced environment; when things break you'll be a key player in diagnosis, resolution, and long term solutioning.
We're looking for teammates who have:
2-5 years of relevant work experience in a quantitative or analytical role (i.e. strategy and operations, data analyst, analyst).
- Preference for high-growth tech startups or management consulting.
- Strong technical skills; SQL knowledge required.
- Keen attention to detail. Your analysis is always high quality, accurate, and easy to understand.
- Ability to multitask effectively and strong organizational skills.
- Above all else you are bright, kind and curious.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description