Business Intelligence Reporting Lead at Argo Group (Remote)
Argo Group is a leader in specialty insurance with a vibrant culture built on respect, equality, wellness and opportunity. We’re an innovative organization that’s small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference in our industry.
Our hybrid workplace is continuously evolving to ensure all employees feel:
- Comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
- Confident that they will be treated respectfully.
- Recognized for their performance and provided with equal opportunities to succeed.
At Argo, skill meets opportunity. If you’re wired to raise your hand and ask, “Where can I help?”, you’ll thrive with us.
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Reporting Lead who will serve as a liaison between the IT Data team and the functional business units. The role will report to the Director of Data and will be key in understanding the business needs and aligning them with data team’s strategy and architecture.
This role will lead a team of reporting analysts responsible for developing operational reports that satisfy the day-to-day management needs of business leadership. It is imperative that this individual have strong business acumen, experience interacting with leadership, an in-depth understanding of insurance data, and the ability to translate business requirements into actionable technical requirements for report developers.
This role will lead a team whose responsibilities include validation from source to Enterprise Warehouse, supporting existing report inventory, developing new reports to satisfy business requirements, while ensuring data reconciles to current financials. The BI Reporting Lead will also ensure that reporting analysts are meeting objectives, completing assigned tasks in a timely manner, and will maintain a backlog inventory of pending items for the team to focus on.
The individual must have excellent communication skills.
What does the BI Reporting Lead workday look like?
- Identify, create and facilitate process design by conducting business and systems process analysis, focusing on data capturing and impact on downstream reporting systems.
- Facilitating business requirement walkthrough meetings and partnering with the business on functional specification development.
- Collaborate closely with technical teams to implement the reporting requirements, provide guidance to developers ensuring business needs are satisfied.
- Assist reporting analysts develop SQL Queries to extract data from raw source systems, enterprise data warehouse, and any other potential data source.
- Diving into large data sets, uncovering insights, and providing impactful recommendations.
- Ensure reporting standards are adhered to.
- Develop reports to monitor data control requirements (i.e. Reconciliations and validations).
- Organize complex problems into simple solutions and precise business and technical requirements.
What is required for the position?
- Report development experience in Power BI or equivalent tool.
- Experience leading a team.
- Core responsibility will be to truly understand data and create data lineage necessary for data strategy.
- Strong SQL and Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytics tools.
- Document data and business process flows.
- Experience with developing reports within P&C insurance industry is required.
- Prior experience with database and model design is preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex information to others in a way they can understand.
- Report Development: 5+ years (required).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, mathematics, and statistics, from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience with Postgres/SQL databases.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a relevant industry.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, offers frequent, integrated communication and values authentic recognition of excellence. View our 2022 Environmental, Social & Governance Report to learn more about Argo.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.