Business Intelligence Engineer at Ruby Receptionists (Miami, FL)
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about data and is hungry to dive in and immediately start writing queries and building reports to help decision makers. As Ruby evolves, we are constantly improving our suite of data-driven reports, dashboards, and integrations. This person would be responsible for working with stakeholders to gather requirements, develop new queries and reports, and help to support our existing infrastructure.
We are a small, nimble team that works on many different projects that involve everyone from our front-line employees to our CEO. As a growing company our projects and priorities often change mid-flight. The ideal candidate should be skilled at multitasking, time management, and prioritization in the face of changing requirements.
The BI Engineer will report to the Director, Business Intelligence and will be based out of Portland, OR or Kansas City, MO, but we will consider remote candidates for the position (state-dependent).
What You’ll Be Accountable For
- Write & develop advanced SQL queries to pull and analyze data for all departments across the company.
- Create and maintain reports in Looker.
- Sync data across platforms using a variety of tools.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define data & reporting requirements.
- Help maintain and improve data and reporting infrastructure.
Key Success Indicators
- Eager and able to dive right in and contribute from day 1.
- Interpreting data schemas to translate into insightful KPIs, dashboards, and reports.
- Writing and optimizing efficient queries.
- Assisting with the design and creation of reports and dashboards.
Your Work DNA
- Ability to tell a story using data and visualization
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders across the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong business acumen and ability to foster cross departmental partnerships.
- Advanced SQL skills required.
- 1-2 years of experience with Looker.
- 1-2 years of experience in a data warehouse environment such as Snowflake.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline, or 5-7 years experience in lieu of a degree.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Advanced statistical knowledge and core mathematical ability.
- Experience with data integration tools such as Fivetran, Tray.io, and SSIS
- Experience with DBT
- Experience using R, Python or other analytics languages.
Work takes place in an open office setting. It requires the ability to sit/stand and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and by computer. This position may travel between office sites occasionally.
Ruby participates in e-Verify where mandated by state or federal law, such as AZ. Feel free to ask us about this if you have any questions.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of work visas at this time.
Ruby participates in e-Verify; however, we adhere to state or federal laws & regulations regarding non-participation where applicable. Feel free to ask us about this if you have questions.