Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time, and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
As BI Engineer, you will create and leverage a variety of data sources to develop analytics, dashboards, and visualization tools to help drive critical business decisions.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop beautiful, rich, and informative dashboards to aid in fast and robust decision making across the organization
- Perform analyses on large datasets using statistical and AI techniques to derive insights
- Build analytical tables that enable other teams to self-serve and perform more streamlined reporting and analytics
- Develop data pipelines using SQL and other tools to ensure data is well synchronized
- Work with teams from across the business to execute on data and analytics needs to help them better understand tactical and strategic opportunities
We’re looking for people who:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years proven experience as a data analyst, data engineer, or BI engineer
- Strong SQL and data processing skills
- Prior experience modeling data to drive analytics
- Strong experience in Tableau
- Experience in Looker and building LookML modeling layer
- Experience in Python a plus
- Experience with DBT to model data a strong plus
- Ability to communicate and drive for solutions to complex and abstract problems
- Effectively communicate and seek to understand and be understood
- Experience with Salesforce (building reports or dashboards) a plus
Our general interview process is outlined here.Our Values
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values click here.Why Join Us?
Choosing where you are interested in interviewing is a big decision. We hope we can make that choice a bit easier with an inside look at what we offer:
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs, including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more
- 94% of our employees recommend working here
- We have an audacious goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% over the next three years
- 3% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock, and we help to solve ~200 crimes a day
- We partner with 2100+ cities and 1500+ agencies across the US and process 1B+ images a month (we process more images than Instagram 🤯)
- In this role, every full-time employee receives equity (stock options) in the company and a minimum starting salary of $125,000.
- We offer unlimited PTO and twelve paid holidays
- We offer fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and six weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- We provide $150 per month work from home allowance
- We provide a $250 per year L&D stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, and so much more
- Each new hire receives a one-time stipend of $750 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- We provide employees who are not local to the ATL headquarters with coworking space access paid for by Flock
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.