Business Intelligence Developer at WELL Health, Inc. (Remote)
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach for 2021 and 2022. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only bidirectional digital health communications solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging via the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, or telephone. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration, and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers, as well as being named one of Deloitte’s Fast 500 (#133). In 2022, WELL Health was recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In, and was named #41 on the Inc Regionals - Pacific list.
WELL is looking for a talented Business Intelligence Developer to join the team. You are someone that is excited about working with healthcare data. You enjoy managing large data sets, and building data models and processes in a structured, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You also have the soft skills required to talk with both internal customers and external clients regarding analytics asks and understanding, how data is structured and what capabilities we have as a team.
As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will join the Data team, and work under the direction of our Director of Data Science. You will also work alongside our Product, Application Engineering and Customer Experience teams. You will manage existing data processes, work with Product and Engineering to implement new product capabilities, and build new system and data solutions. The majority of your work will be related to customer reporting - be it developing custom reporting, ideating on improving our current reporting set or engaging with CX and/or customers around their understanding of data.
This is an exciting role for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer that is looking for their next opportunity at a fast-paced startup.
As a member of this team you will:
- Support and maintain existing analytics
- Ideate on scalable reporting for our customers
- Facilitating custom or project oriented analytics with our customers
- Identify and eliminate technical debt in the system
- Improve and create process that allows the team to operate more effectively
- Work as the lead BI Developer working with our customers to deliver exceptional analytics and data visualizations.
- Leverage our data platform to provide data-driven insights to customers and internal teams
- Effectively communicate technical issues within the team, and create solutions
- Work with account managers and client support to ensure all customer analytics are stable and providing value
- Serve as a data expert and lead business intelligence expert for data analytics requests
- Support customer requests for changes to reporting and dashboards
- Design solutions after gathering business and technical requirements
- Own the reporting and dashboards inventory and dictionary
- Aid in supporting, troubleshooting, testing, and maintaining the BI reporting environments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science, data science, math, statistics, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience as a data analyst or similar role
- 2+ years of experience with healthcare data warehousing
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Looker (or other data visualization tool)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and logical reasoning skills
- A passion for managing data and analytics
- Experience with Data Science techniques
- Experience with R and/or Python
WELL Health is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. For this role, if you are located outside of the Santa Barbara area, we are open to candidates that are currently located within the United States and are interested in working remotely. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT WELL HEALTH
- Fantastic company culture – occasional Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Health Instagram (@wellhealthinc) to hear from our employees about working at WELL.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL Health are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. WELL Health is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL Health is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that WELL Health currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. WELL Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.