Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Business Intelligence Developer II
As a member of the Digital Engineering and Manufacturing (DEM) project development team, your mission is to contribute to Ball’s future success as we deploy the Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE Platform software. The Ball development team collaborates with Ball’s business subject matter experts and industry consultants to ensure that our platform configuration/solutions meet the complex and growing needs of Ball’s Program execution efforts.
Do you want to be a part of a multi-year, transformational effort that will bring leading edge capabilities and technologies to Ball’s World-Class engineering and operations teams? Then this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
You will participate in supporting the implementation of Dassault Systèmes solutions at Ball Aerospace. Working with our Solution and Software Architects to understand the technical/functional Data-related requirements for the project and develop the required solutions for the business. The project will include implementing Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) solutions using software tools including Python scripts and libraries, Java libraries, Splunk Enterprise. The ETL tools will support legacy data migration into the 3DExperience Platform software solution. You will also engage in configuring/customizing the solutions behavior, tailoring the user interface, creating business critical reporting capabilities, and integrating with Ball’s legacy software systems. If you have experience in similar types of activities, you’re the candidate we want to talk to…
What You’ll Do:
- Understand customer business requirements, scenarios, use cases, and the data models that facilitate them.
- Understand the technical specification documents as developed by the technical team and translate them into detailed technical specifications.
- Accurately evaluate level of effort (LOE) to help manage activities to ensure the quality/timeliness of deliverables.
- Understand the software system design; describe the specifications in technical terms, select the methods, toolsets or technologies that will be used. Plan the appropriate user interface. Identify and manage dependencies with other components. Document these selections in the detailed technical specifications document for the project.
- Develop code functions and unitary tests in accordance with quality rules defined by the technical team.
- Write operation guides that explain the deployment of the software components in conjunction with DevSecOps practices.
- Analyze and correct reported bugs and/or execute software changes required for the Project in alignment with Ball’s development strategies.
- Capitalize on existing project deliverables to ensure continuity/reusability.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Software Engineering Degree or similar experience
- Knowledge and experience with:
- Python 3 scripting & Libraries
- Splunk search
- Java, C# or other object-oriented programming language
- SQL, Oracle or other RDBMS
- XML Schemas and parsing
- Experience with System integration.
- Experience with data transformation and migration.
- Basic knowledge of web services, business logic and APIs.
- Experience implementing/deploying enterprise level software solutions.
- Experience with complex implementation projects.
- Experience with implementing/deploying a Product Data Management (PDM) solution (Oracle Agile, WindChill, TeamCenter, ENOVIA, etc.).
- Experience with ERP implementation or integrations.
- Experience deploying or integrating with Dassault Systèmes software solutions.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.