The BI Reporting Analyst works with stakeholders across Operations to determine business requirements, establish priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and eventually develop a data warehouse strategy. This individual will design, develop, and validate dashboards, alerts, and reports which measure business performance across Operations for management purposes. Ensures information is easily available to users for direct consumption.
Conducts analyses of functional business processes and participates in the development of business cases in the support of continuous improvement programs and the implementation of enabling technologies. This individual provides leadership in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation, and presentation of findings to all levels of management.
This role enhances client satisfaction and enables sound business decisions by providing insights and data which are accurate, relevant, and reliable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identifies and develops the KPIs and performance measures to be utilized by Operations leadership which drive strategic improvement efforts and enable effective day to day management practices
- Interprets & analyzes operational metrics in order to create meaningful dashboards & reporting
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions
- Works with subject matter experts, especially within various departments of the business including service, support, tax, implementation, and development, to understand business decisions and resulting outcomes, defining requirements for data integration, reporting, analysis, and descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive business intelligence solution options.
- Leads key efforts to measure and impact client satisfaction, employee retention, and predict client losses.
- Builds and updates process control measurements and changes existing reports and dashboards as needed
- Increases the usage practices around objective performance data in day to day management activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information systems or equivalent work experience
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Power BI or equivalent visualization tool
- Minimum of 4 years' experience
- Oracle BI, SAP Business Objects, etc.
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse platforms
- Knowledge of languages such as Python, R, Scala, SQL, etc.
- Experience working with multidimensional data sets/databases such as SQL, Salesforce, JSON, etc.
- Strong MS Office skills, especially with Excel, specifically being able to import data and use pivot tables
- Understanding of report writing required
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma preferred