Business Intelligence Analyst at Tango (Omaha, NE or Remote)
The Business Intelligence Analyst will help democratize data at Tango Card – making it easy to access at the right time, in the right format, for all users. The right candidate brings a foundational functional and technical understanding of business intelligence architecture and solutions. They will develop self-service resources, perform complex analyses, author compelling visualizations, and unearth insights for teams across Tango Card.
This is a high impact role on a growing Business Intelligence team. We're dedicated to seeing the big picture, breaking down silos, and asking questions to provide the right solution – all in an agile environment. We need someone passionate about modern data and business intelligence approaches, who shares our vision for a consumer model to democratize data across all teams. Help us empower analytics across an exciting, growing organization while working with a best-of-breed tech stack!
Reports To: Director, BIAs BI Analyst at Tango Card, you will:
- Help ensure that Tango Card’s BI technology stack is highly accurate, performant, and secure.
- Collaborate with business owners to understand short and long-term goals and author technical requirements to meet business needs.
- Work collaboratively with Data Architecture team members to ensure data is modeled appropriately to support business requirements.
- Assist in scaling a semantic layer and maintain standardized definitions of terms, measures / metrics, and KPIs
- Assist in the design, development, and maintenance of dashboards and self-service reporting tools in Tableau and / or other BI platforms to accelerate operations and provide actionable insights for strategic management decisions.
- Apply data visualization techniques, resources, and libraries to business problems, presenting information in a format that’s intuitive, useful, and flexible.
- Learn about and help in the development of predictive analytic models to surface insights and facilitate proactive decision-making
- Present data and solutions effectively across geographically dispersed teams from a diverse set of technical backgrounds, including leadership and executive teams.
- Apply standards and guidelines for report and dashboard development, promoting best practices and guiding the team toward continuous improvement.
- Complete assigned tickets including functional/technical development, testing, review, UAT, and deployment while communicating progress and blockers.
- Understan business intelligence trends and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business needs.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, testing and implementing high-performance, scalable, and secure business intelligence and analytic solutions in a fast-paced, modern environment
- 5+ years of requirements gathering experience across business functions (for example, product, sales, marketing, operations, finance) and translating requirements into effective deliverables
- Demonstrated proficiency in data visualization techniques, direct experience with Tableau a plus
- 3+ years hands-on experience with current data platforms & databases (eg: Snowflake, Redshift, or Postgres)
- Proficiency in SQL and other query languages
- Skilled at solving ambiguous problems and thinking both forward and proactively when designing analytic solutions
- Ability to maintain exemplary communication and a customer-focused approach while working across multiple projects
- A willingness to collaborate, embrace change, and apply entrepreneurial approaches to analytic solutions
Technical skills and background in at least 4 of the following areas:
- Business Intelligence Architecture
- Advanced Data Visualization Techniques
- Experience growing business intelligence and analytic solutions
- Predictive Modeling
- Experience supporting analytical functions that use data visualization platforms such as Tableau
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks, think independently, and take the initiative
- Communication skills with all levels of business and a customer service mindset
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Salary: The targeted pay range for this position is between $100,000 to $130,000. Please note that the actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience. Certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonus.
#Li-DNI #Li-Remote #BI-Remote
- Competitive compensation package (money isn’t everything, but it helps)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
- Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401(k) matching and equity opportunities (401(k) is a 100% match of up to 6%)
- Home-Office grant for ensuring a great WFH environment during social-distancing measures
- Award-winning culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership
- Dog-friendly offices
Tango Card helps thousands of companies reach their goals by making rewards and incentives easy to send and awesome to receive. Our customers genuinely love working with us, and it shows: We’ve made the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America for the last five years. We’re backed by a stellar group of investors, including the private equity firm FTV (which led a $35M growth equity round in 2018), Fyrfly Venture Partners, Floodgate Capital, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, SWaN & Legend partners, and WTI.Why Work for Us
Tango Card is proud to have been rated one of the Best Companies to work for by Built In Seattle. We’re on an incredible path to be the #1 rewards provider, and we are hiring amazing people across all areas of the business to accomplish our vision.
We foster an office culture of autonomy and transparency with flexible working hours and slim team structures. We provide our team members with what they need to be successful—whether that’s the latest technology at their fingertips or empowering them to attend conferences about industry trends. We’re committed to promoting mentorship and career development opportunities for our team members. Our physical offices are designed for productivity and comfort with standing desks, comfortable pod chairs, and a very dog-friendly environment. If working from home is more your thing, many roles offer the choice to establish a remote office. With a company like Tango Card that’s experiencing high growth year over year, career opportunities abound and you have the chance to create, own, and grow your role.
Tango Card is proud to extend its Voluntary WA State Paid Family Medical Leave Plan to employees across all Tango Card locations.
Tango Card is an equitable and equal opportunity employer; we’re strong because we’re diverse and prioritize inclusive practices. All applicants will be recruited and considered for employment regardless of their social identities, including but not limited to race, gender, color, religion, belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, and other protected classes. We thrive in the areas of recruiting and hiring when we have a growing awareness of the challenges faced by underrepresented candidates during the application and hiring process. We encourage all candidates to apply for roles they feel they have the skills to fulfill or a willingness to learn.
We at Tango Card take the protection of your personal information very seriously. We will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment during the job application process. Please take extra caution while examining the email address of the individual you are communicating with, as scammers may misspell an official Tango Card email address or use a slightly modified version. Emails from us will come only from an official @tangocard.com email address. If you suspect a role or job ad is fraudulent, or that you are being contacted by a scammer pretending to be a representative of Tango Card, please contact us. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact your local authorities.