Business Intelligence Analyst at Datto, Inc. (Rochester, NY)
As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A Look Inside the Job
As a member of the Data & Analytics team, the Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst will use technical and business knowledge to aid in the analysis, reporting and presentation of key performance indicators to the Finance and Accounting teams. This role requires candidates to have an understanding of relational database structures and KPI reporting. This position will also partner with various stakeholders to best support self-service analytics and business decisions for the Finance organization.
The BI Analyst will use data to solve business problems and analyze metrics around specific reporting structures for various projects and teams within Finance. They will work with the Manager of Business Intelligence to create and maintain the business intelligence data sources, as well as various dashboards and ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Leverage Datto business and process knowledge to define and lead projects that improve our performance: requirements, problem solving, analytics, share actionable insights, build solutions, and drive change
- Assist in creating and supporting a self-service style analytics platform among stakeholders
- Create and maintain Snowflake data sources and serve as the subject matter expert for invoice reporting
- Enhance our capability to analyze and “make sense” of large sets of data and translate findings in a visually appealing manner that tell a story and help us make better data driven decisions
- Define and track KPIs, benchmarks and run executive level reports and reviews
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Continue education into emerging BI tools and processes
- Understand, conceptualize and implement analytic solutions to improve data quality and consistency and to establish procedures and methodology to ensure data accuracy and consistency of use
- Identify new data sources and develop new and / or improved processes for data acquisition and analysis to inform strategic business decisions
- Manage and manipulate multiple large data sets, integrating data from disparate sources, cleansing and transforming it into curated access layers for analytic use
- Help to develop and maintain a data dictionary, business glossary and corporate lexicon that documents data lineage, technical processes and business rules.
- Be a strategic information resource to help users understand the different data sources available and assist stakeholders in analyzing and drawing sound conclusions from often conflicting or incomplete information.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop and implement analytic solutions that inform and guide strategic business decisions
- Bachelor’s and / or advanced degree in Data Architecture, Information Management, Data Engineering, Data Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in database design, data acquisition, data transformation and analytics
- Prior experience in Financial metrics reporting preferred
- Advanced SQL and Excel capabilities required. Snowflake experience a plus
- Facility with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, MS Power BI) analytics platforms (e.g., Python), and experience in Alteryx preferred
- Strong analytical / problem solving, research and thought leadership skills with demonstrated ability to deliver high quality service and results
- Strong business operations, project management, initiative, problem solving, time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, with a proven ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization, key stakeholders and the executive management team.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.