Business Intelligence Analyst, Verifications at Carvana (Phoenix, AZ)
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video or learn more about what it’s like to work here from the people that already do.
About the team and position
There are a lot of analytics teams here at Carvana, each with dedicated focus on a specific pillar of our business. So even though we all operate in different spaces, we are all solving problems in similar ways, using the latest technologies and techniques, and ensuring that we leverage work across the business where possible and knowledge share constantly. The Verification group operates within the broader Customer Care organization and is responsible for the customer experience from time an order is placed to the delivery of the vehicle with a particular focus on the loan verification process. As part of this group, the Business Intelligence Analyst will support the team through two primary responsibilities. First, they will develop, maintain, and own Tableau dashboards that provide visibility into high level Verifications-wide metrics. Second, they will provide insights through data to help drive decision making on special projects aimed at improving efficiency in the Verification group.
This person should be anxious to leverage their analytical and technical skills to make an immediate and meaningful impact on the business. We have no shortage of data, resources or ambition at Carvana, and we are excited to bring on people who share our desire to leverage data and technology to accelerate our disruption of the traditional car buying experience.
What you’ll be doing
- Using Your Technical Chops:
- SQL! SQL! SQL! We use it all the time in this role and we're looking for someone who lives and breathes it.
- Utilize business intelligence related tools and concepts such as Tableau, SQL (through MS SQL Server), relational database design, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel, Python, etc. to solve operational problems.
- Design and build compelling data visualizations for reports, presentations and analytical products to highlight key insights and research findings.
- Have a knack for delivering precise insights by choosing the most effective visualizations.
- Be involved in extracting, cleansing, and visualizing data using the tools and techniques described above
- Being An Awesome Stakeholder:
- You will add business value by helping architect, design, and prototype solutions to streamline and optimize business processes in support of scaling our verifications process.
- You will work with end-users to validate data and ensure buy-in with new reporting or analysis.
- You will work with others to understand business processes and deliver data so that non-technical resources can understand the story the data is telling them.
- You will become familiar with current operations across various departments and work cross-functionally with stakeholders and other analysts.
- You will spend time understanding datasets really deeply to find opportunities for the business.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Math, Supply Chain, or similar field from an accredited undergraduate institution required.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with visualization software, such as Tableau (or similar).
- Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools (ETL processes, Python, etc.).
- The ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, data science, and business teams and communicate across them in a clear and concise manner understood by all.
- You have the flexibility to move and shake with competing and changing priorities
It would be great if you also had
- Knowledge of Python programming.
- At least 2+ years of experience in data, reporting, or analytics.
- A Tableau Certification, Tableau Public profile, or visualization portfolio.
What does our growth have to do with you?
Only everything. Are you not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications? You should still give it a shot! Research shows that men will apply to a job when only meeting 60% of the requirements, whereas women and members of other systematically marginalized groups typically only apply when they meet every single requirement. At Carvana, we're builders. We build tools, business, and our people. We value diversity in backgrounds and thought, so take a shot and apply! Please highlight some of your accomplishments in your resume and cover letter so we can talk about how you can grow with us.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.