Business Intelligence Analyst II - RapidScale at Cox Enterprises (Raleigh, NC)
If so, we may have just the role for you at RapidScale, part of the Cox family of businesses. We're looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst II who'll be dedicated to the reporting needs of our RapidScale operations team. If you want great pay and benefits, an inclusive community and the opportunity to make a difference, look no further!
What's In It For You?
Our lives contain a lot of moving parts. At Cox, our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture give you peace of mind, knowing that you and your family have a wide range of options for the best care available.
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We're all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow in a collaborative, inclusive culture where the next big idea can come from anyone...including you!
- Boring work is the absolute worst. At Cox, you'll work with fascinating, cutting-edge tech platforms in industries that are ripe for invention, innovation and investment.
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets.
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Looking to grow your family? You'll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- We all love our pets-whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither-and we're happy to supply insurance for them as well.
At Cox, we believe in being transparent - please click on this link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our amazing benefits!
What You'll Do
You'll be swept up in data management, as well as data manipulation and visual design. Your role will take you in fun and varying directions, from forecasting to building monitoring dashboards for operations teams. Other responsibilities include:
- Data Management (25%)
- Contributing to the population and hygiene of a SQL warehouse, ensuring data is trustworthy and validated.
- Synthesizing and organizing data in an accessible manner.
- Vetting new sources of data and determining viability for reporting purposes.
- Recommending and implementing data governance controls.
- Developing investigative methods to identify and address issues, trends, variances or gaps within source data.
- Data Manipulation and Visual Design (50%)
- Blending a variety of data sources to create visually impactful and quickly digestible dashboards.
- Consulting with stakeholders to create visual answers to key questions.
- Utilizing role-based reporting.
- Identifying opportunities to join multiple business questions with "single source of truth" reporting.
- Interoperability (25%)
- Gathering and prioritizing reporting requirements from assigned operations leaders.
- Utilizing gathered data to produce summary reporting decks.
- Producing technical documentation that defines key metrics and calculations used across your reporting suite.
- Owning creation (with coaching) and execution of an annual reporting roadmap.
Who You Are
You have a consultative spirit, as well as a natural curiosity and an appreciation for clean, insightful data. You also have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS degree with 2 years of experience required in a related field; OR 6 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Strong familiarity and hands-on experience with Salesforce data schemas.
- The technical ability to populate SQL warehouses with new data sources (primarily open API).
- High proficiency in Power BI, Power Query, DAX and SQL reporting services.
- Hands-on experience with data warehouses or data lakes.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and a devotion to data accuracy.
- The ability to independently design and execute reporting solutions from raw data to visualization.
- Comfort with balancing, prioritizing and delivering multiple requests under deadlines.
- A growth mindset, business-side curiosity and professional poise.
- Prior experience working in a start-up or Agile environment.
- Experience using a wide range of Microsoft collaboration tools.
All candidates are welcome to submit a linked portfolio of work (with any sensitive information appropriately redacted) to accompany application materials.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.