Business Insights Analyst at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
As ServiceNow continues its unprecedented growth, the company seeks to further establish its data and advanced analytics foundation and capabilities. ServiceNow is seeking a proactive, passionate analyst to help deliver the most strategic insights to the company. The Business Insights Analyst will proactively monitor the real-time health of the business to ensure the company leadership has the right insights and recommendations to grow and scale the company. This role is a hybrid of traditional roles in strategy, business/customer analysis, research, and data visualization – requiring a mix of strategic thinking, analytics and data management, and business operations skills. This position will be reporting to the Head of Business Insights.
We are looking for a talented individual with a strategic viewpoint who can grow and adapt along with our fast-paced business. The ideal candidate is relentlessly curious, has high analytical capability and is passionate about creating innovative analysis to understand trends and identify opportunities. This individual is energized by creating actionable insights and recommendations for business leaders and is highly collaborative with both business and technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
What you get to do in this role:
· Lead and contribute to analysis on business performance. Works autonomously to proactively uncover trends and anomalies, utilizes univariate and multivariate methods to understand relationships and develops actionable insights from analysis that will drive business decisions and actions.
· Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation/visualization of data to see beyond the numbers; transform raw data into actionable insights and recommendations.
· Create frameworks to better understand and monitor key business activities. Contribute solutions to improve monitoring and alert systems for Data and Analytics.
· Partner with key business leaders. Prepare analysis and recommendations for strategic decision-making.
· Improve operational excellence through proactive identification and execution of initiatives that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches to the business. This includes identifying ways in which tools can be built and deployed to improve workflows.
· Build cross-functional relationships and be able to establish resources to help solve complex interdisciplinary problems on behalf of the business. Proactively identify areas for deeper analysis and study.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
· Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g., Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Business or a related field). Master’s Degree is a plus.
· 2-5 years of prior experience in business, strategy, analytics and/or research or equivalent
- Proven track record of using data to drive business decisions including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyze the data, and provide actionable recommendations through effective and compelling storytelling.
- Exposure to end-to-end enterprise business processes across Marketing, Customer Acquisition, Sales, Customer Success, Renewal, Professional Services, Usage Analytics, Customer Support, Finance, etc. in a cloud-based business model
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-starter with a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand. Demonstrated passion for connecting the dots, digging deeper to uncover stories and trends in data, with a keen eye for detail.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively across different functions
· Experience with R, SAS, or Python or equivalent.
· Strong SQL skills with the ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
· Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Experience with Tableau and/or MicroStrategy, Power BI (or similar analytical packages) a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.