Alteryx is searching for a Business Data Analyst in the United States (REMOTE is an option).
As a Business Data Analyst on the Alteryx Data Science team, you are going to be placed directly at the crossroads of a business that moves at the speed of light, massive and messy data stores, cutting edge data science implementation and R&D levels of innovation. You will work so closely with our business partners you will effectively be another member of their team that brings a Data and Analytic voice to each decision that drives our business forward. We fully embrace the ideal that the Data Science team only succeeds when our partners succeed.
Success in this role is critical to reforming and delivering our Data and Analytic Strategy to become a world-class Data Science team that fosters Alteryx's Data Science journey!
- Will work closely with our Business Partners, Data Engineering and Data Services teams to close gaps that cause friction in fully using data assets to drive business processes
- Provide direct input into the design, development, testing and validation of curated data assets
- Identify and deliver data insights and enablement "where our partner is" whether that be transactional system or at a given skill level
- Must be a highly creative and adaptable communicator as our partners vary on what they need and how they need it to be delivered to be successful
- Triage inbound support requests by utilizing intimate knowledge of the business paired with on the priorities to drive the business
- Use your innate problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and internal drive to continually grow, develop, and hone your craft
- Be fanatical about the data analytics space and help evangelize our work, team, and Alteryx as a whole!
Need to Have:
- Experience contributing analytically to high impact, high visibility projects
- Experience delivering on projects in an agile or iterative fashion (MVP+)
- Experience formulating problems through data analysis
- Proven track record of identifying and solving data quality issues at the root
- Experience consuming raw and curated data sets
- Intermediate SQL experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams
- Ability to work with other teams across an organization
- Strong oral and written communication
- BA/BS degree in Information Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business or related technical field
Helpful to Have:
- Consultant experience
- Domain knowledge in Marketing, Sales, Software Development, Customer Service
- Experience with Alteryx platform, Snowflake, Salesforce, Marketo, NetSuite
- Ability to read and create ERDs
- Knowledge of at least one modern scripting language (Python, R, etc.
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in $68,200 - $112,500. Compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.