ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Business Analytics Architect, you will be responsible for identifying requirements and designing data-driven solutions to support business initiatives at Consumer Affairs.
The Business Analytics Architect serves as the facilitator of our Data & Analytics efforts, working in collaboration with business stakeholders and data engineers to define the data models and processes necessary to promote Consumer Affairs business initiatives and strategies.
The Business Analytics Architect will conduct high-level business analysis and detailed technical evaluations in order to understand data and communications flow within the Consumer Affairs Ecosystem and promote solutions to optimize business operations and support data-driven decisions.
This role will have extensive interaction with leadership. This position requires a wide range of domain knowledge within the digital marketing industry and technical design skills.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect and refine business requirements to create technical specifications
- Collaborate with other Data and Analytics teams to integrate disparate data sources and systems
- Collaborate with other CA teams to identify and refine requirements
- Define and prioritize analytic projects to meet needs of business
- Establish and adhere to project timelines. Keep stakeholders informed
- Develop and implement analytic data models to support business objectives
- Create, maintain, and update technical documentation
- Define reporting and alerting requirements for business teams and leadership
- Develop analytic processes for auditing and quality assurance
- Develop and manage relationships with partners to optimize integration
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms and warehouses
- Help design, troubleshoot, document, and maintain system processes
- Communicate key insights and findings to product teams and leadership
- Constantly look for ways to improve monitoring, uncover issues, and deliver better value to the customer
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring agreed schedules, coordinating resources in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others.
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required)
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant field
- Masters Degree or PhD a plus
- 5+ years experience with business analysis and specification
- 5+ years experience in requirements analysis and documentation
- 5+ years experience delivering data and analytics solutions
- Experience in SQL across relational and dimensional databases
- Industry experience is beneficial
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills are a must
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology strategies and best practices
- Expertise in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Working experience with Google Analytics and Google Adwords required
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM preferred
- Knowledge and experience using APIs and webhooks required
- Critical thinking, and complex problem solving ability required
- Functional knowledge of enterprise integration platforms and systems
- Strong working knowledge of the digital marketing technology landscape required
- Ability to effectively relate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - ability to effectively communicate across internal and external business, marketing, and engineering departments
- Experience in scoping, clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of Data Science tools and practices
- Customer-first mentality; ability to empathize and create customer loyalty
- Knowledge of the agile software development process a plus
(our daily GRIND)
- Responsibility creates the freedom to quickly deliver value, we make no excuses, and consistently improve results.
RESOLVE THROUGH DATA
- We make data-driven decisions, think systematically about ROI and resolve complexity to drive results
INVENT WITH GRIT
- We are intellectually curious, create, take smart risks and grind out results because Fortune Favors the Bold.
NETWORK TO WIN
- We foster diversity, build trust through collaboration, close the loop, get to the bottom-line and turn debate into action and results.
DELIVER IMPACT DAILY
- We grind it out deliver important work, are efficient, have a relentless sense of urgency and drive results
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Location: US (Remote)
- Frequency of travel: Occasional travel may be required
- Light physical activities and efforts required in working within an office environment.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.)
ConsumerAffairs does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan