MetroStar Systems is looking for a Business Analyst that is passionate about working with a diverse team of technical and functional resources in transforming a big data solution for a government client. If you want to join a company that values self-motivated, passionate, and fearless individuals, we want you to work for MetroStar!
You're a great fit if you have:
- experience working in project teams that develop software applications in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- strong process management, facilitation, negotiating, influencing, and problem resolution skills
- supported IT Architecture & Development organization in clarifying functional requirements and functional design during development of solution.
- a passion for problem solving and using emerging technologies to capture business requirements.
- managed a team of technical staff and divided tasks for each individual
- explained technical issues in plain language, providing options such as technical trade-offs and alternatives to non-technical staff and/or business owners
- enjoyed interfacing with many types of customer stakeholders to identify their business and software needs through formal and informal stakeholder engagement
- A bachelor’s degree
You'll love our position if you have (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit):
- 4+ years of experience in gathering requirements, working with stakeholders, and writing user stories in a highly complex agile delivery environment
- translated stakeholder requirements into user stories in Gherkin syntax
- supported support prioritization of the team’s backlog and can work with product owners to discuss the impacts of changing requirements
- worked with Atlassian suite and supported large-scale development efforts in an agile context (SAFe, Agile or Scrum)
- the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
We'll REALLY love you if you have (this is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out):
- Agile certifications (e.g. CSM, SAFe Agilist)
- Experience with agile ceremonies such as the Daily Stand-up meeting, retrospectives, and supporting agile teams in removing blockers
- Supported Federal and/or commercial project which include up to 50+ developers in a highly dynamic agile environment
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.