As a data-driven, strategic marketing agency, we believe our clients become stronger when they leverage the wealth of information consumers provide every day. At Targetbase, we integrate technology, analytics, creative, digital and strategy to create a better consumer experience, which improves consumer engagement and drives a more profitable outcome for clients.
JOB SCOPE & PURPOSE
The Business Analyst creates solution roadmaps and participates in the deployment of marketing and technology solutions. They will be highly engaged with the client focusing on requirements definition and conceptual solution design. He/she must be able to see the big picture, work well in distributed teams, and be willing to dig into the details across multiple projects. He/she must also be extremely comfortable working with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Analyze and understand our clients’ business needs, systems, third party vendors, and potential data sources
- Assist in shaping statements of work and lead client requirements elicitation and how we deliver upon them from a solution/data perspective
- Detailed technical documentation of the solution, business rules, and components of the solution
- Proactively solicits current/future client needs
- Create clear/precise detailed requirements including use cases and solution data mapping requirements
- Build professional/trusting client relationships
- Work closely with internal and client development resources to ensure technical implementation requirements are interpreted and implemented correctly in a timely manner
- Perform test case validation and post-implementation data validation.
- Facilitate data validation and user acceptance testing by hands-on data validation internally and coordinating client-side test execution and acceptance.
- Understanding of file structures and data conversion tools
- Represent the client business needs and requirements while working with client technology staff
- Investigate data anomalies and business rule discrepancies by performing end-to-end validation of multiple data transformations and structures
- Document and communicate new enhancements and capabilities to client and internal users
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University. Graduate degree is a plus
- 5+ years related experience and/or training
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
- Relational database knowledge and strong SQL skills on large databases are required
- Ability to dig into data, diagnose a problem, evaluate options and propose a solution
- Ability to quickly learn and understand all technical components of a complex CRM system
- Proven experience managing and developing a CRM database platform or similar database platform.
- Broad understanding of CRM marketing database industry
- Proficiency working collaboratively with teams across the database deployment life cycle; excellent interpersonal skills with people in general; the ability to build bridges (not burn them) with users, internal and external customers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to serve as an internal consultant, presenting concepts to, and working with, groups of senior management.
- Strong data analysis skills allowing business analysts to identify trends, patterns, and anomalies in the data, data elements, and their relationships.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills, strong orientation toward collaboration and communication, ability to earn trust and respect from a challenging customer base.
- Outstanding skills and abilities in verbal and written communications to audiences of varying technical levels, and at various levels within an organization, in groups and individual settings.
- Proven ability to work with vendors and internal organization to deliver on the committed solution
- Strong organizational, prioritization and leadership skills; proven ability to motivate, develop, and work with a geographically dispersed and highly skilled staff
- Passion, energy, innovation and creativity that will drive the success of the delivery of a CRM database deployment from contract signature to production.
- Working knowledge of Campaign Management and Business Intelligence practices
- Understanding of tools including SQL Database, Data Modeling Concepts, & Marketing Suites.
- Basic knowledge of data principles and concepts to support data quality, validation and ownership
- Knowledge of file management best practices including transmission, encryption, conversion, manipulation, and management of client files
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Data ETL experience is a plus
- Involvement in migration to CDP is a plus
OTHER PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Must possess excellent presentation skills. Should be mature, personable, bright and polished.
- Proven success working in a service-centric organization, with the customer at the center
- Balance of strategic, analytical, creative and operational orientation
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Overtime as necessary
- Minimal travel is required
Targetbase is a part of Omnicom Precision Marketing Group (OPMG). OPMG aligns Omnicom’s global digital, data and CRM capabilities to deliver precisely targeted and meaningful customer experiences at scale. Using its universal framework of connected data, connected intelligence and connected experiences, OPMG provides services that include data-driven product / service design, technology strategy and implementation, CRM / loyalty strategy and activation, econometric and attribution modelling, technical and business consulting and digital experience design and development.