Business Analyst at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:31 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 17, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
You will be joining the Data Science, Analytics and Infrastructure team within Sales Strategy and Operations - our mission is to better leverage big data and technology to unlock and drive faster growth and higher efficiency for the sales org. You will contribute to projects and work that would be critical to Verkada’s continued success.
- Improve data quality: constantly iterate on ways to improve the quality of our data, including but not limited to: - Mapping complex real world organizational structures such as conglomerates and multinational corporations, and the constant movement of people in our systems - Suppressing and/or mitigating duplicate records - Building automated tools to monitor, validate, and scrub our existing data - Ensuring consistency across systems
- Evaluate new data sources worldwide: own new data evaluation projects end-to-end, from evaluating the accuracy, coverage and business value of datasets, to engaging and negotiating with data vendors, and driving the changes necessary to integrate the new data with our production systems
- Improve and automate processes: identify, design and implement internal process improvements - working with data analysts/engineers to automate manual processes, optimize data delivery, and re-design infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative discipline from a top school
- Must be intellectually curious, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and excited about learning
- Strong SQL skills and understanding of data structures and databases
- Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Experience using Google Sheets/MS Excel and Google Slides/MS PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills: ability to decompose and articulate complex ideas and concepts, and work effectively with technical and business stakeholders
- We are looking for candidates from recent college graduates up to 5 years of experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description