Business Analyst at Formlabs (Somerville)
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
We’re looking for a Services Business Analyst who can help design and build the next generation of additive manufacturing service delivery. Formlabs’ Global Services organization supports additive manufacturers ranging from household names to garage-based hobbyists. This role will support the continued excellence of a best-in-class additive services team as it grows to answer the new challenges of a rapidly developing industry.
You will report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives in our Somerville, MA headquarters.
- Design, develop and execute initiatives to improve service delivery
- Develop and propose business cases to support the Services product
- Manage detailed project plans across cross-functional initiatives targeting improvements to Services quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- Engage consultatively with leads, engineers and agents to improve upon and redesign key business processes
- Conduct in-depth analysis of services outcomes to identify risks and opportunities
- Process optimizer with a knack for finding better, more streamlined ways to do things
- Data-driven investigator who finds solutions and insights from quantitative information
- Organized, detail-oriented completionist whose projects aren’t finished until they fulfill all requirements and understands the value of documentation
- Active learner willing to develop new skills to take on new initiatives
- Clear communicator capable of presenting quantitative and qualitative information to audiences at different levels of sophistication
- High skill level and willingness to improve usage of ‘Office’ program suite (Spreadsheets, Presentations, Documents)
- Willing team player who enjoys improving the day-to-day workflows and experiences for their colleagues; eager to learn but also knows when to ask for help
- Experience in process optimization workflows and software (eg. Visio, Lucidchart)
- Process, development and project management training such as Six Sigma, Lean, Agile
- Background in data, for example: SQL, Python Pandas, Google Sheets, Excel
- Experience as Sales rep, Services agent or Customer Success Manager
- Programming mindset: the ability to think critically to design scalable and sustainable solutions
- Love to tell stories with data visualizations (Redash/Tableau preferred)
- Experience using Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- 3D printing experience
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.