Business Analyst at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:02 a.m. (CST) on Monday, December 19, 2022
Business AnalystDescriptionSouthern Company is a leading producer of clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy, and we approach each day as a vital step in building the future of energy. At Southern Company we are always looking ahead, and our innovations in the industry-from new nuclear to deployment of electric transportation and renewables -help brighten the lives and businesses of millions of customers nationwide.JOB SUMMARY:This position will provide day-to-day, month end close out, end-user functional support for Oracle Cloud Reporting including, BI Publisher, Financial Close Consolidate, Oracle Analytical Cloud Services and Oracle Fusion Transacting Intelligence, Essbase/Smart view reporting, software used by Accounting Finance Treasury and Budgeting within Southern Company.This position will perform and support the execution, monitoring, and testing of identified key controls; conduct and support audit activities and coordinate with other SSS support resources across the Southern System. The SSS business analyst will collaborate with SSS support resources and assist the Technology Organization, as they provide technical and infrastructure support. This analyst will also support the application release strategy in testing cases and writing scripts for user acceptance testing.The Analyst will support SSS management on Special Projects, Strategic Planning Support and Business Continuity.This is a Hybrid position with working in the office as optional. The position's home office will be in either Birmingham Alabama or Atlanta Georgia.JOB REQUIREMENTS:Job Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, IT, Accounting, or related discipline is required
- Demonstrate sound business judgment and outstanding customer service
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in providing end-user support to multiple user groups
- Demonstrated strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Proven working knowledge and understanding of processes and procedures related to General Ledger/ Accounts Payable / Supply Chain Management Compliance & Controls
- A proven individual work ethic and team effectiveness
- Previous experience serving in an application support role is required
- Previous experience in the performance of technology production processes including, functional testing and interface support for Shared Services supported applications including Maximo, Oracle, Power Plant and/or other Third Party applications is recommended
- Working Experience with Oracle Cloud ERP, OACS, Essbase, FCC, BI Publisher, OTBI and Fusion Analytic Warehouse (FAW) a plus
- Data management skills and proven working use of SQL through SoCo supported tools, ie TOAD, SQL Developer, etc. is required
- Familiar with Agile methodology a plus
- Strong requirements review, analytical, and problem-solving skills is required
- Familiarity with Accounting Finance and Treasury financial application systems and processes is required
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies is required
- Providing effective, agreed upon analysis and support to end-users; respond to end-user cases accurately and in a timely manner
- High degree of initiative and personal responsibility "ownership" for assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a team, build superior customer relationships, mentor others, and collaborate with interfacing support teams e.g. Technology Organization, Controls teams, etc
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize workload
- Candidate must demonstrate behaviors consistent with the company culture - Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment
- Application Support and Troubleshooting
- Effectively liaising between end-users, other SSS support resources and Technology Organization for application support, prioritizing issues, patches, upgrades and enhancements
- Production support Oracle Cloud Reporting Tools
- Responsible for working with SSS Key Business Partners in the implementation of changes to SSS supported processes and procedures / code changes, including testing and remediation of issues
- Researching / Troubleshooting issues that are impacting key processes and procedures across the Enterprise supported applications
- Developing, reviewing, and approving application test scripts due to new functionality or current functionality changes.
- Serving as an Oracle Financials application(s) Subject Matter Expert and as a key partner with the TO Center of Excellence organization for Enterprise Foundation application changes
- Ensuring all integration issues for EF applications are managed and resolved timely.
- Functional Specification Design.
- Project work for new applications, new functionality, and enhancements.
Read Full Job Description