Business Analyst at springbig (Miami, FL)
Springbig is the leading SaaS marketing technology platform serving retailers and brands in the rapidly growing cannabis industry throughout the U.S. and Canada. We serve in excess of 1,000 clients across 2,300 locations and our clients communications using the Springbig platform access more than 37 million consumers making Springbig the leading company in our sector. We have been ranked in the top 100 fastest growing companies in the prestigious Inc.5000 list for two consecutive years, ranking 69th in the recently released 2021 list.
Springbig recently launched a new platform, Brands by Springbig. This is also a SaaS platform, and it allows cannabis brands to collaborate with our dispensary clients to send engaging SMS campaigns to the dispensary’s database of consumers. A brand can use this platform to place an advertisement on top of hundreds of thousands of text messages and drive their products’ sell-through like never before! This gives brands direct access to consumers in a way they’ve never had before and an unprecedented reporting on campaign attribution.
Our headquarters are in Boca Raton, FL where the majority of our 160 employees are located, and we have additional office locations in Seattle, WA and Toronto, Canada.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic, and fun Business Analyst. We provide an open, dynamic and collaborative work environment, which values independent thinking and freedom of expression. We are committed to providing a healthy work/life balance and development through training.
Role and Responsibilities
- With concepts as input, develop and document detailed specifications for implementation of complex features and products.
- Work closely with the Product team to acquire a deep understanding of the features and product and to identify gaps and other missing details.
- Understand the existing products and features so that the new products and features naturally mesh with existing products and features.
- In cooperation with the Product Team, strive to specify consistency of the user experience in order to optimize customers’ interaction with our software.
- Develop and continually improve Springbig’s standards for requirements, specifications and test plans.
- Generate specifications that are complete, easy to understand, and estimate by both the Development and QA Teams.
- Generate test cases and plans for the QA Team for both mainstream and edge cases.
- Work closely with the Development team to explain details and augment the specifications if additional clarifications are needed
- Collaborate closely with the QA Team to ensure that their test plans provide sufficient coverage to thoroughly exercise all documented features.
- Participate in the final feature and product acceptance to make sure that they were built as specified.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business, or a related field
- 5+ years of Business Analysis and Requirements Generation experience
- 2+ years of SQL experience with creating and pulling reports. Must have a good understanding of Relational Databases and how they work. PostgreSQL experience is a huge plus.
- 2+ years of Jira, Confluence, and Tableau experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced management skills with the ability to lead, facilitate, motivate and organize
- Demonstrable expertise in generation of complex software specifications – we will ask for samples
- Experience with generation of requirements for web applications
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Trello, Slack
- Experience with vector drawing software such as Microsoft Visio or OmniGraffle
- Ability to generate wireframes and page mockups – we will ask for samples
What are we looking for in a team member?
Your specialization is less important than your ability to learn fast, communicate and adapt to shifting priorities.
We’re especially fond of people who:
- Communicate well and articulate ideas clearly.
- Focus on project goals, not just the immediate tasks.
- Contribute ideas.
- Take initiative.
- Have a let’s-get-this-done mindset.
- Are proud of their Work Product.
What’s it like to work at Springbig?
It’s awesome! We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values professional growth and work life balance.
We take care of our team members:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Choose your own equipment
- 401k match
- Great health benefits (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance)
- Casual and comfortable working environment
And infuse lightness and creativity into our days:
- Stocked coffee, snacks and candy “bar”
- Pizza parties and team lunches
- Spontaneous games of tabletop cornhole or NERF wars
- Company sponsored Fantasy Football league and March Madness bracket challenge