Business Analyst at Cathexis (Washington DC)
Team CATHEXIS elevates the government contracting experience through rapid response, deep skill, and thoughtful problem-solving and communication. Our core capabilities are our top-tier program and project management, data analytics, and audit services, the backbone of which is our integrated approach to operational excellence.
You worked hard to get to where you are. You strive to make every day better than the day before. So do we. Team CATHEXIS operates with an all-in mindset. We are working together to create a company that support our shared values and individual goals. Our values are centered around Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, and Excellence in everything we do for our employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe success is best when we listen and lead with empathy; model high standards of ethics to provide a rewarding experience; work hard, have fun, and appreciate the strengths we all bring to the team; and empower our employees to create innovative and trusted results.
We are looking for a dynamic Business Analyst to join our Team for a client support position with Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel and Readiness) (OUSD P&R) in the Office of Military Compensation Policy (Compensation), Military Personnel Policy (MPP) Directorate.
This position will report to a CATHEXIS task lead who will assist them with their transition into day-to-day responsibility of supporting our client in the MPP Directorate. They will join a larger CATHEXIS team that support other OUSD P&R offices. This position will be the focal point for incoming correspondence in the Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS) - a Department of Defense (DOD) knowledge repository linked with task and correspondence. In most cases, this position will monitor and maintain CATMS hourly to identify new correspondence items assigned to P&R, review and assign that correspondence to the appropriate office within P&R for action and/or coordination; alert and assist the correspondence manager with any taskers that have been rejected by the staffing offices after being assigned in CATMS.
The Business Analyst will provide office, administrative, executive assistant, scheduling, meeting, conference, and briefing support to the Compensation OUSD P&R office for senior executive government and military officials. The work location of this position is Arlington, VA on a hybrid schedule.
This position will be required to support the MPP Compensation Policy Directorate.
- Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) and Retired Pay Analysis.
- Support senior executive leadership at the Pentagon administer the SBP and assist with the effective management of survivor annuity programs. They will also support the seamless integration of the SBP with all military retired pay programs
- Communicate with Components and other offices of primary responsibility to monitor military retired pay and SBP program issues
- Work directly with the retired and annuitant pay lead within the Directorate resolving Congressional inquiries, direct correspondence, and inquiries regarding individual Service member, retiree, or annuitant pay questions or problems
- Gather inputs and formulate recommendations on necessary issuance and form updates and changes to improve timelines, administrative ease, and reduce the burden on Service members, retirees, and annuitants when applying for SBP and retired pay benefits, making changes to retired pay or SBP beneficiaries, or discontinuing SBP coverage
- Coordinate with OUSD(P&R) and Washington Headquarters Service (WHS) forms and issuances POCs, WHS Information Management Office, and other appropriate offices of responsibility to recommend updates and changes to existing or new DOD forms and issuances.
- Coordinate revised or new forms and issuances with appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs), tracking coordination statuses, ensuring the timelines of submissions, and compiling submissions for review by the Director and Assistant Director, Office of MPP.
- Support Directorate response to taskings, via CATMS, related to military retired pay and SBP. Coordinate with offices of responsibility for each package or task, monitoring timelines and ensuring timeliness of response and submission; Review all packages and taskers for proper format, spelling, grammar, and completeness before forwarding to the Assistant Director, Office of Military Compensation Policy.
- Coordinate recommended changes and updates to DOD issuances and forms via CATMS with all DoD Components. Reconcile feedback and changes, and develop final drafts for review by the Director of Assistant Director, Office of Military Compensation Policy.
- Draft the necessary authorizing letters, social security number (SSN) justifications, need statements, and other required supporting documentation for DoD issuances and forms to support updating and revising MPP documents.
- Prepare drafts of such documents for review by the Assistant Director, Office of Military Compensation Polity for submission to OUSD (P&R) leadership, WHS, General Services Administration, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and any other Federal agency, and for review by the public through the Federal Register.
- Monitor and track the OMB approval process and public notice period for issuances and forms submitted for public review, reconciling public comments and submitting final versions for review by the Director or Assistant Director, Office of Military Compensation Review.
- Support communications and outreach with stakeholders, Service members, retirees, and annuitants to improve awareness and understanding of military retired pay and survivor benefits.
- Perform professional analysis and editorial services to make recommendations and edits to applicable internally-developed and externally-developed policy memorandums and issuances related to retired pay and survivor benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five (5) years of experience
- Current Secret Clearance
- Excellent communication, scheduling, calendar support, conference support, and briefing support skills required
- Ability to maintain, correlate, support, and execute a dynamic calendar and schedule for an executive
- Previous Human Resources, Compensation, Admin Assistant and/or Executive Assistant experience
- Previous experience supporting the Federal Government or DoD
CATHEXIS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability EEO IS THE LAW. The Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting [email protected] . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Recruiting Department [email protected]