Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. In the last four years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $7 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card combines the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan. Our latest offering, Rewards Checking, gives customers access to no-fee checking accounts with 2% cash back rewards on common everyday spending. Learn more about the team.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably. Upgrade has been included in the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products to join a team of 750 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Are you a data-savvy professional with analytical genes, have an aptitude for visual design and defining business criteria? Do you thrive on improving operational decision making and are you attracted to an entrepreneurial culture and energized by high growth? If so, read on…Upgrade Inc., a fast-growing fintech "unicorn", is looking for a "rockstar" Business Analyst to join our Performance Measurement and Analytics team. This key role will increase the organizational value of the Phoenix Service Center through better "influencing" decision making (Measuring) and "simplifying" decision making (Visualizing). You will be able to leverage and develop both your quantitative and qualitative skills within this exciting role! Partnering with the operational leaders to create and design/develop performance measurement KPIs (key performance indicators) and building out their associated professional-grade dashboards will be critical in gaining momentum within this role initially. As you build critical relationships across the operation, you will be instrumental in determining additional areas of business need where analytical prowess can be leveraged to improve decision-making. To be successful in this role, you must be detail-oriented, creative, innovative, consultative, willing to learn and grow and enjoy a fast-paced challenging environment. Additionally, you must have an aptitude for visualizing data with the user experience in mind as well as exposure to data / statistical modeling, relational database utilization, and data wrangling techniques.
- Consult with internal operations leaders around problems that can be solved using data and analysis
- Create professional-grade data visualizations to simplify decision making and ensure operational success
- Partnering with operations leaders, develop and support the roll-out of business KPIs and associated Tableau dashboards
- Develop creative approaches to finding root causes for operational problems, leveraging data, and propose effective solutions
- Partner with data engineer to build scalable data architecture to support visualization, dashboard, and tools development
- Partner with technology, product, investor relations, finance, and other teams to ensure the consistency and accuracy of data and reporting
- Identify opportunities to improve operational effectiveness and improve efficiencies
- Share best practices within the Performance Measurement & Reporting team to increase the collective skills of the team
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Comfortable with ambiguity, developing creative solutions, and delivering against aggressive timelines
- Bachelor's degree required (Computer Science or related major (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.,) preferred)
- Experience with data visualization platforms required
- Experience in financial services is preferred
- Experience with User Experience (UX) Design preferred
- Experience with database design, coding, statistics, decision models, api integration, and data automation preferred
- Able to write SQL, minimum 1+ years of experience in SQL or alternative coding language
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and active listening skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, highly proficient in MS Excel & PowerPoint
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description