Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Business Analyst is instrumental in carrying out Paylocity's primary mission of driving client satisfaction by ensuring their needs are fully understood and we are successful in meeting them. Responsible for handling needs assessments, cost/benefits analysis, establishing internal/external relationships, soliciting product and enhancement requirements from end users to convert requests into a workable solution.
Reports To: Manager Business Analysis
- Creates, analyzes, and validates detailed functional/technical specifications.
- Drives increased use of core system functionality to reduce needs for customization.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Establishes intra-and interdepartmental relationships to prioritize needs, communicate project status and timing expectations.
- Creates internal documentation and training for setup and ongoing support
- Documents requirements, create use cases and process models.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of all system functions/release feature
- Prepare technical writing specifically for "how to" and "troubleshooting" guides, and narrate, record and edit "how to" videos.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least two years' experience in Payroll and HR Industry (or equivalent experience for Partner Integration)
- Experience in a front-line customer facing role
- Ability to demonstrate a beginning knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of API's
- Knowledge of the data interface functional space
- Basic Knowledge of FTP/SFTP
- Experience in Accounting, specifically experience with journal entries and A/P is required.
- Experience writing business specifications
- Training experience is a plus
- Knowledge of EDI/XML file security
- Experience working with company-to-company file transfers
- Some Project Management experience is beneficial
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized - detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
Education & Awareness
Advocacy & Support
Fairness & Equality
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $46,737- $69,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.