Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving the $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, consumers have gained access to free stock trades, greater transparency in the mortgage market, and apps that make managing their money more convenient. Yet real estate investment, the most powerful tool for building generational wealth, has largely been the purview of wealthier individuals and professional money managers.
Mynd is determined to overhaul that paradigm.
At Mynd, we’re on a mission to democratize access to happy homes and sustainable investments by making the purchase of single-family residential real estate as effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Moreover, many potential investors don’t want to buy real estate in their geographic area, or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets.
With operations in 25 markets across the U.S. and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with buying real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, lease, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100 percent remotely.
Mynd is Best Places to Work certified, a Built In SF Best Places to Work 2022 winner, and was named the #1 fastest-growing East Bay company by the San Francisco Business Times in 2021. We’ve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, The New York Times, McKinsey, BCG, Compass, Better, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, WeWork, and Facebook. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, Jackson Square, and QED, and recently announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country.
About the role:
We are seeking a qualified Business Analyst to join our growing Institutional team (MIM). In this position, you will partner closely with Data Analysts while supporting our institutional business development, acquisitions, operations, asset management, and capital markets teams to enable decision making using data & analytics. You will also play a key role in strategically analyzing data, performing various roles as the needs of the business change, and collaborating with stakeholders to execute long-term projects. This rewarding opportunity will allow you to make a big impact in our organization.
- Create actionable insights that would be utilized for decision making relating to staffing, sourcing needs, scorecards, dashboards, process refinement, and performance metrics
- Bring data to life through data visualization to enable the leadership team to tell a story about the business
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for various reporting software utilized throughout the organization as well as google sheets and excel
- Key contributor to working cross functionally with the Data team representing MIM
- Support Senior Institutional Sales and Account Management professionals on ongoing sales, service, strategy education, and communication with MIM clients, prospects, and their investment consultants.
- Help develop significant reporting metrics for senior management.
- Streamlining and automating processes that are manual which includes building dashboards that inform business of core metrics and influence business decisions through analytics
- Self driven, data obsessed and data curious to drive analytics vision of the organization
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in the industry (preferably investment management)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Science or Engineering, STEM or similar fields
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical skills along with the confidence in story telling using data to influence strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead conversations with business, product and engineering teams
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Experience in home building/construction or an understanding of the construction or renovation process is beneficial not mandatory
- While the above qualifications are preferred, they are not required. An individual with advanced problem-solving skills, a strong sense of ownership, and an ability to work autonomously would have a strong foundation in which to become a successful MIM Analyst
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
- Quarterly for offsite events
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.