BSA/AML Senior Analyst at Reserve Trust (Remote)
About the Team:
Reserve Trust is the first fintech trust company with a Federal Reserve master account. We provide B2B payments services that financial institutions and fintech’s have previously only been able to obtain from correspondent and sponsor banks. Unconstrained by legacy banking systems, the company is actively building new services, APIs, and payment rails to support embedded and real time payments for any fintech service or software platform. Headquartered in Colorado, the company is backed by some of the world’s best financial technology investors including QED and Fintech Collective.
Our Company Values:
Trustworthy, One Team, Good Stewards, Unlocking Innovation, Never Satisfied
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
How You Fit In:
As part of the Financial Crimes Compliance Team of Reserve Trust you will play a critical role in building and operationalizing a best-in-class Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) program. To be successful, you will be required to think critically, prioritize workloads, meet deadlines, maintain attention to detail, resolve issues, and work independently in a fast-paced and technologically-driven environment.
This role reports to the BSA/AML Officer and will partner and collaborate with the Payment Operations, Engineering, Product, and Risk and Compliance teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct thorough reviews of new customers as part of our know your customer / customer due diligence (KYC/CDD) and enhanced due diligence (EDD) processes.
- Assess and understand customer risk as a part of the onboarding process.
- Analyze customer account behavior for suspicious activity, conducting investigations of transaction monitoring alerts, escalating complex issues, and preparing and filing a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) when appropriate.
- Facilitate external audits and regulatory examinations.
- Assist law enforcement and other banking partners in combatting financial crimes through responses to 314(a) and 314(b) information requests.
- Prepare our own information requests through the 314(b) process to allow us to better understand the parties and purpose of transactions we process.
- Assess changes in customer risk through ongoing CDD, transaction monitoring, and periodic reviews of customer files.
- Mentor and train others on the effective execution of our BSA/AML compliance program.
- Collaborate with other parts of the organization to provide expertise on BSA/AML laws and regulations.
- Preferred minimum of 6 years’ experience in BSA/AML compliance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Deep knowledge of BSA/AML laws and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workloads, meet deadlines, and maintain a high-quality work product
- Proven ability to think critically and resolve complex issues
- Experience mentoring and/or training others
- Comfort with a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High Attention to Detail
- Execution Excellence
- Drives for Results
- Communicates Effectively
- Resource for Others
What Reserve Trust Offers:
- Competitive Salaries
- Stock Options
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Excellent No-Cost and Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans for employees and dependents
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- FSA and HSA Plans
- Flexible PTO
- Home office stipend
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $95,000 – 120,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
The Reserve Trust Company is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.