As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
Kraken is seeking a cyber security analyst to join our Blue Team. The team operates to detect, investigate and respond to security events and attacks against the Kraken digital asset exchange. This position reports to the Blue Team manager and is a member of the global security team working to secure one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. The individual we are seeking has previous experience in the triage and in-depth analysis of security events as well as knowledge around developing new detections that keeps us at pace with the latest threats and attacker techniques.
- Active participant in the 24/7 Blue Team operation.
- Provide monitoring, triage and analysis of security events.
- Act as incident responder for potential incidents identified.
- Perform forensic analysis and gather evidence.
- Develop detection strategies and deploy alerting to identify malicious activity.
- Define and mature Blue Team playbooks of operational response to cyber threats.
- Perform threat hunting for sophisticated, advanced threats.
- Participate in and lead training activities, working groups and knowledge sharing with other members in the team.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Proven experience as an analyst working with security event triage and incident management workflows.
- Strong background in security disciplines such as, Detection Engineering, Incident Response, Threat hunting or Digital forensics.
- Experience with monitoring and managing threat detection systems, threat intelligence platforms, SIEM and security devices.
- In-depth understanding of the cyber threat landscape and advanced adversary tactics.
- Understanding of modern infrastructure concepts such as, DevOps, cloud technologies, infrastructure as code, CI/CD and API integrations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Location Tagging: #APAC #LI-Remote #LI-DA2
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 167 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description