Invoca is the industry innovator in AI and machine learning-powered Conversation Intelligence technology. Forrester Research identified Invoca as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Conversation Intelligence: Sales And Marketing, Q4 2021 report, stating that "Invoca is one of the few established conversation intelligence vendors that can legitimately claim AI capabilities."
With over 300 employees, more than 2,000 customers, and nearing $100M in revenue, there are tremendous opportunities to continue growing the business. We are building a world-class SaaS company, having raised over $100 million from Accel, Upfront Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Morgan Stanley, and H.I.G. Growth Partners.
At Invoca, we live by our four core values:
- Figure it Out: we take ownership of our work and are given the freedom to blaze our own trails.
- Help Each Other Thrive: we foster an inclusive and humble culture that allows us to build value for both our customers and our people.
- Continuous Improvement: we challenge the status quo every day to develop creative solutions that make our products better and our customers more successful
- Light the Customer's Way: we don't just sell a product or turn on a service; we are partners and trusted advisors who support and invest in our customers and their success.
If these values resonate with you, we encourage you to come join us - we are building something special.
About the Role
You get to:
- Contribute to Architecting, creating and maintaining the Data Roadmap for scaling and extending the existing BI Tool stack, which includes requirements gathering, direct interaction with data source owners and the Site Reliability Engineering team.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Business Systems with projects as needed.
- Collaborate with the BI Team to maintain, scale and extend the existing BI Data Pipeline.
- Use knowledge of BI and Invoca to anticipate and proactively propose solutions to the organization's needs.
- Build and maintain a productive working relationship with the SRE team.
- Emphasize BI environment as the central source of accurate and consistent data.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Business Systems to create and maintain Data Dictionary.
- Continuously improve the BI environment in cadence with business needs.
- Assess which and when technologies can enhance the value of the BI system for Invoca.
- Write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data from Cloud Based SaaS data sources (ex. Databases, APIs, 3rd Party).
- Implement and maintain monitoring across the entire data delivery flow to quickly identify the break to repair and proactively avoid data gaps in terms of completeness, accuracy and timeliness.
- Support user inquiries and requests for data in a manner that quickly provides the answer and enables future self-service.
- Provide regular training updates and announcements of new capabilities to users.
- Contribute to the BI reference library for the benefit of users and BI Team.
- Use RedShift, Matillion, Tableau, Python, and AWS among other BI tools in our current stack.
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering, Data Pipeline Solutions or equivalent.
- Experience with all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support.
- Experience and comfortability within agile development practices.
- Clear communication skills that apply to technical design conversation, documentation, and presentations.
- Confidence in facing development challenges and navigating problems without predefined solutions.
- Confidence in analytical ability to crawl through error logs to discover the root cause, resolve and recover.
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business issues surrounding each project.
- Ability to respond directly to questions from all users.
- Ability to be a technical authority and work with other team members.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and are self-motivated.
- Comfortable with Business Intelligence tools and best practices.
Salary, Benefits & Perks:
Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our offerings:
- Paid Time Off - Invoca encourages a work-life balance for our employees. We have an outstanding PTO policy, starting at 20 days off, for all full-time employees. We also offer 15 paid holidays, 10 days Compassionate Leave, 3 days volunteer time and more.
- Healthcare - Invoca offers a health care program that includes medical, dental and vision coverage. There are multiple plan options to choose from so you can make the best choice for yourself, partner and family.
- Retirement - Invoca offers a 401(k) plan through Fidelity with a company match of up to 4%.
- Stock options - All employees are invited to ownership in Invoca through stock options.
- Employee Assistance Program - Invoca offers well-being support on issues ranging from personal matters to everyday life topics through the WorkLifeMatters program.
- Paid Family Leave - Invoca offers up to six weeks 100% paid leave for baby bonding, adoption, and caring for family members
- Paid Medical Leave - Invoca offers up to twelve weeks 100% paid leave for childbirth and medical need
- Sabbatical - We thank our long-term team members with an additional week of PTO along with a bonus after 7 years of service.
- Wellness Subsidy - In further support of your well-being, Invoca provides a wellness subsidy that can be applied to a gym membership, fitness classes and more.
- Position Base Range - $95,000.00 - $130,000.00 / plus bonus potential
Please note, per Invoca's Covid-19 policy, depending on your vaccine status, you may be required to work only from home / remotely. At this time, some travel and in-person meetings may require proof of vaccination. This policy is regularly reviewed and subject to change at any time.
"Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone." - Gregg Johnson, CEO
And to us, diversity, equity and inclusion means more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, positivity, thoughtfulness and respect.