Backend/Data Engineer at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:56 p.m. (CST) on Monday, April 11, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
As the first Backend/Data Engineer on the Marketing team you will partner with creative out-of-the-box builders and strategists on both Marketing and Sales teams to build the platform (database, warehouse, microservices, UI) powering marketing and sales decisions. We exhausted the capabilities of off-the-shelf solutions and need to build internal tools to be ahead of competition.
- Build scalable reporting infra for streams -- emails, calls, text messages, market signals.
- Setup cron jobs that clean up the data (at 3sigma quality), trigger campaigns and alerts.
- Build high-level (Fivetran, tray.io) and low-level (own cloud-hosted VM) integrations between SaaS applications, a data warehouse and system-of-record database.
- Resource management: use optimal cpu/memory/disk/network configurations.
- 4+ years working experience in SWE role or equivalent.
- Mastery of Python.
- Ability to engineer fault-tolerant distributed systems that move data around without duplicates, missed rows, within api limits.
- Ability to self-manage time and energy.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Linux, K8s, Go / Rust / C++ / Java, web framework (Django/Rocket/Revel/etc) preferred, but not required.
- Generalist with the focus on the backend preferred, but not required.
- First principles thinking, ambition, positive attitude.
- Experience working in agile teams.
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description