AVP People Analytics at CNA
Officer position responsible for the People Analytics function with the responsibility of building organizational capability and discipline in reviewing human capital data and insights regularly to inform human capital strategy and to address business priorities and needs. The role holder will be responsible for designing and implementing a people analytics strategy and approach that drives value to the business by providing insights and actionable recommendations around CNA workforce. This role will proactively assess the talent risks for CNA, evaluate the effectiveness of human capital practices, and sharpen the value proposition of human capital initiatives. This role will lead and design the approaches and processes for effective use of metrics and analytics across the HR function to drive results. The role is responsible for strategy and performance of the People Analytics function and for building organization wide people analytics capability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Designs and implements the people analytics framework within CNA that enables HR and the business to understand patterns and connections within human capital data across functional disciplines to influence business outcomes.
- Designs and implements strategic workforce planning (demand analysis based on business drivers, granular supply and skill gaps analysis) to guide senior management's customized human resource strategies across the business.
- Builds a vision and strategy for People Analytics in CNA along with the implementation roadmap to enhance the human capital insights provided to HRBPs and business leaders to better execute business strategy.
- Partners with the Executive Team, HR Business Partners, functional COEs and other functions to understand and deliver on their data needs: from standard reporting, workforce planning support, to executive level analysis and recommendations.
- Identifies baseline metrics for the design and development of accurate dashboards, reports, presentations used to educate, inform, and influence business decisions, thought leadership and support strategic objectives of the organization.
- Oversees requests for data and analysis, owns and produces Human Capital reporting for the broader HR organization and serves as HR analytics subject matter expert for all HR COEs and HRBPs.
- Builds a foundation of analytical capabilities throughout the HR organization and trains others in advanced analytic methods, as needed.
- Ensures consistent application of workforce data definitions; verifies accuracy and quality of all data, metrics and deep workforce analytics research within CNA.
- Uses appropriate external benchmarks for workforce metrics and key performance indicators that are linked to goals and results, identifies risks, insights and develops recommendations.
- Researches best practices, trends and performs deep research and statistical analysis on long range strategic HR and talent effectiveness and competitiveness questions.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically VP or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- In-depth technical knowledge of theories and practices of people analytics and data mining.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to think and act on both strategic and tactical levels.
- Ability to assess the interoperability of various computer hardware and software sources and transforms data from various sources requiring the original development and expert use of sophisticated query and reporting, statistical transformation, regression analysis, extraction, and presentation tools.
- Experience identifying and translating business issues into questions that can be answered with data.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems while appropriately challenging assumptions and consistently providing a high quality work product.
- Demonstrated learning agility, curiosity of data and information, and successful root cause analysis.
- Passion for using data to uncover insights and drive business performance.
- Able to use statistical tools for hypothesis testing and data mining analyses (e.g., multivariate regression and categorical, factor analysis, survival analysis).
- Some experience with qualitative research, design and analysis of surveys.
- Customer orientation with consultative skills-identifying needs and defining solutions.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with experience in data visualization; able to translate research findings for a general business audience through storyboarding.
- Strong interpersonal skills and must be capable of effectively presenting ideas to senior management and influencing key decision makers.
- Proactive, organized, and detail oriented; able to ensure rigor and accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Able to maintain discretion and confidentiality with sensitive employee information.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands and circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- Strong business orientation evidencing the ability to approach business issues from multiple functional/operational perspectives.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, I/O Psychology or related field.
- Typically a minimum of 10 years of people analytics, data mining or OD work experience at a leadership level.