Automotive Researcher (Data Entry Level) at J.D. Power (Remote)
Title: Automotive Researcher (Data entry level position)
Pay: $16.75/hour CAD
Location: London, Ontario, Canada.
Reports To: Data Supervisor
The Automotive Researcher is responsible for researching and compiling industry content and entering that data into our proprietary databases to meet accuracy and timeliness guidelines that are driven by client demand.
- Interpret automotive textual data and apply them to our internal systems accurately
- Review equipment and specification data content to ensure accurate, complete and timely data
- Research and determine proper vehicle segments and common competitor vehicles
- Ongoing review of data content to ensure accuracy
- Prioritize work assignments and maximize efficiency to meet commitments to our clients
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation related to all vehicle files
- Provide automotive expertise to corporate and department initiatives as required
- Knowledge of Automotive industry, features, and vehicle equipment a must
- Able to do self directed work
- detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Superior analytical and organizational skills and ability to pay attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment where high client expectations exist
- Demonstrated desire to further knowledge through training and other forms of learning to keep knowledge current and up to date
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly with MS Excel and Outlook email
- Data analysis and manipulation work experience beneficial
- ability to work flexible schedules based on work volume
The Career Opportunity:
Develop skills working on a team and collaborating with others. Opportunity for advancement will depend on your accuracy and efficiency in researching and processing the applicable vehicle data.
The Team / The Business:
The research team is comprised of seasoned, tenured analysts who's attention to detail and accuracy is second to none. New researchers to the team are viewed as apprentices and paired with a senior analyst for initial training and ongoing mentorship. The data researched allows for vehicle comparison, build and price applications and real time transactions that sell more vehicles. We work with every large manufacturer and enable their business to be competitive.
Our Hiring Manager says:
If you are a car buff and love to read industry related magazines such as Car and Driver, Road and Track and Motor Trend and you spend much of your free time researching the latest and greatest in new car features and technology, then we should talk.
I’m looking for the kind of person who is passionate about doing accurate work and has an interest in vehicles and the automotive industry. Someone who will take initiative, dig into a problem to find the solution and communicates well with others on the team.
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For Internal Use- #LI-SV1