Auth0 Principal Data Engineer at Okta (Remote)
- Develop, and operate highly scalable data pipelines and infrastructure that enables rich security, eventing, and analytics use cases
- Design and build data models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet critical product and business requirements.
- Apply software engineering principles to create reliable, automated data solutions to solve critical business needs
- Coach and mentor engineers to help scale up the engineering organization
- Evaluate and advocate for modern technologies to accelerate delivery and improve engineering efficiency
- Participate in team’s support rotation to mature the operational excellence on the data we provide
- 8+ years of of software development experience in a fast-paced, agile environment
- A deep understanding of SQL and data pipelines
- Proficiency in DBT, Airflow, and cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake, BigQuery, and Redshift
- Experience designing, building, and operating high-volume distributed systems.
- A strong background with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP), Terraform, and container technologies such as Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience with reliability engineering specifically in areas such as data quality, data observability and incident management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $178,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.