The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization.
Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions.
As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms.
More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
- A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
- A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
- Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
- Generous PTO and Parental leave
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do
- Must have a holistic perspective on the entire data governance process from both a business and technical perspective
- Gather business and technical requirements and Technical implementation to support Data Governance, Data Quality Measurement, Exception Management, Remediation, Analytics and other essential Data Governance functions
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Responsible gathering business and technical data quality requirements for the identified CDEs working with Business and Technical SMEs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Business and Technical SMEs, Architects, Analysts, Developers and other IT and business teams.
- Perform Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Quality Measurement across multiple sources to assess the data and identify anomalies and recommend fixes.
- Experience working with Business and Data Owners to define Business Data Quality rules and convert them into technical Data Quality Rules.
- Design, Build and Execute Data Quality Rules over the critical data elements (CDEs) identified according to the business needs to ensure clean and healthy data.
- Manage Data Quality Exceptions, perform root cause analysis and support Data Quality Remediation processes by working with Business teams.
- Ability to develop and implement Data Quality Solutions for multiple data sources across On Prem and Cloud environments including but not limited to Databases, Flat Files, JSON, APIs, Kafka etc.
- Experience working on metadata management and implementation of business and technical data lineage across disparate sources in accordance with the Data Governance Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Design and implement Data Quality Dashboards for monitoring and reporting.
- Experience creating, developing and managing DG workflows using BPM processes.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to successfully execute projects.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and meet aggressive deadlines efficiently and effectively
- Extraordinary attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and understand business processes quickly
- 3+ years of experience with Data Governance, Data Profiling and Data Quality tools such as IBM InfoSphere Information Server Suite 11.x (Information Governance Catalog, Information Analyzer etc.)/ Collibra/ Informatica/ Talend/ SAS Dataflux.
- Experience with Business Intelligence/ Reporting tools such as Cognos/ Tableau/ Business Objects.
- Proficient with SQL.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office desktop tools (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with Databases (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Amazon Redshift).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Management preferred
- Three or more years of experience in data governance disciplines: data profiling, data quality measurement, exception management, remediation, metadata management and business intelligence.
Certificates or Licenses:
- DAMA certification preferred
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC , please click here .
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer