Chewy is growing at a rapid pace. Our approach of thinking about our customers first and ability to move fast has created an opportunity to rethink and redesign our supply chain optimization frameworks from ground up. If the opportunity to create a best in class supply chain network, make a large business impact, and deliver large scale savings intrigue you, we will want to talk to you.
Chewy's Supply Chain Research and Planning Team is seeking an Associate Director, Data Scientist to join the growing Supply Chain Replenishment Science team. Combining a background in Supply Chain with a deep understanding of data science, you will be a part of a team driving the strategic planning and research initiatives for replenishment optimization. This includes identifying the right inputs to optimize our procurement strategies, and developing the various input models from ground up. Chewy’s Supply Chain team operates in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions and technologies which will handle the growing business needs and play a key role in redefining what it means to be a world-class Operations Research organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement models and algorithms to solve complex supply chain problems using operations research, statistics, and machine learning technologies
- Deep dive large supply chain data to explain change, develop insights, and provide recommendations
- Partner with Supply Chain’s functional areas (with Demand Planning, S&OP, Transportation, and Supply Planning) to develop to optimize our Supply Chain across the board
- Implement process improvement initiatives that drive improvements to the metrics and streamline the Supply Chain
What You’ll Need:
- An advanced degree (M.S., PhD, or equivalent experience) in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing and deploying optimization, predictive and machine learning models
- Practical experience in inventory optimization highly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in leading and managing operations research, data science or advanced analytics teams
- SQL, R or Python mastery
- Ability to use collaborative programming tools (Git, Confluence, etc.)
- Ability to translate complex data sets and research into simple business recommendations
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing requirements
- Experience in leading and mentoring team of scientists
- Position may require travel
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team
- E-com, Retail or startup experience is a plus
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]y.com.