The Associate Director, Business Analytics Engagement - Vaccines, will be accountable for developing and voicing data-motivated and actionable insights that drive greater customer and market appreciation to inform launch strategies and help meet in-line commercial objectives. The person in this role will act as a "First" point of contact for our commercial teams and will convene cross-functional data and analytics teams for key engagements, to help scope, design and deliver well-defined projects and insights within Commercial Analytics & Solutions, HHIAD.
The preferred candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, consultative mindset, and comprehension of healthcare & pharma data & technology and ability to identify and use new data sources and diagnostics solutions to inform commercial strategies. They will have demonstrated consistently strong leadership skills, an ability to work both independently and with a team. They will empower a growth mindset and inspire a culture of continuous learning. This role will require interfacing and collaborating with many teams so strong communication skills is desired.
People who will thrive in this role are motivated by developing a deep knowledge of the Vaccines business and possess an ability to define and translate objectives and business questions into analytical problems that require advanced and scalable analytical solutions that produce actionable insights.
- Deep comprehension of the commercial value chain in Vaccines: Pipeline management, commercial development, launch and in-line management.
- Comprehend stakeholders' priorities and help build solutions that promote business objectives through effective translation from business to analytics and vice-versa.
- Inform choice of appropriate analytical techniques and solutions leveraging strong appreciation of vaccines data landscape.
- Convey intensively with other platforms /competencies to comprehend new trends and methodologies being implemented / considered within the company ecosystem.
- Establish and manage close relationships with stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of emerging business and analytic trends in the industry with a focus on building reusable solutions.
- Ability to direct agile working teams and cross-functional stakeholder groups.
- Contribute to innovative experiments, specifically to idea generation, idea incubation and/or experimentation.
- Travel may be required (
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline
- MBA or Master's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science preferred
Position location: Upper Gwynedd, PA
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant delivery of complex analytical projects in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Knowledge could be from a similar role at a pharmaceuticals firm or at a management consulting firm
- Minimum of 4+ years of professional knowledge in applied data science /analytics, familiarity with visualization, and data story telling.
- Self-motivation, proactivity, and ability to work objectively with minimum direction
- Proven knowledge of business processes and industry / market trends within the pharmaceutical space, preferably within Vaccines
- Excellent business acumen, with proven ability to comprehend business processes in detail, and translate these into user stories and detailed business requirements
- Proven direction and influencing skills, along with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to navigate a complex matrix environment and organize/prioritize work efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to partner and guide with diverse groups of work colleagues and positively manage ambiguity
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Hands on experience in SAS, R, Python and development knowledge in tools like Spotfire, Qlik, Tableau
- Healthcare data, especially in Vaccines
- Vaccines therapeutic area knowledge
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: