Associate Director, Analytics at Tinuiti (San Diego, CA)
Analytics – Remote – Full Time
Our Associate Director, Insights & Analytics will be responsible for leading a team of Managers and Analysts as well as working with internal and external client teams. The Associate Director will serve as the right-hand person to the Director in creating direction and forward momentum for the department, developing new solutions, and more. The Associate Director will lead strategy discussions and projects related to reporting, advanced insights, incrementality and testing, as well as attribution, and audience management. The Associate Director will also be a crucial part of business development opportunities, often serving as the voice of the department in pitches with clients and other agencies.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a leader with clients and work with them to develop appropriate scopes of work, and to oversee seamless delivery to budget, time and expectations
- Develop, manage and execute analytics projects as derived from client business questions, inclusive of research design, technical implementation, and final delivery consistent withTinuiti and client standards
- Work within the wider Tinuiti Analytics team to further develop capabilities and efficiencies
- Assist in the new business process – inclusive of thought leadership and identifying & developing opportunities with current and potential clients
- Coach and manage more junior staff; oversee contractors and vendors as required
- Work closely with key operations stakeholders to bring efficiencies to analytics business and project workflow
- Guide in the creation of effective data visualizations (e.g. Tableau dashboards, PowerPoint and chart templates, interactive charts, infographics, etc.)
- Stay informed on the marketing and communications analytics industry, including new technologies, methodologies, and key players
- Stay informed about client industries, including their technologies, products, target markets and competitors
- This role will require some travel to Tinuiti offices, client meetings, business pitches, etc.
Who you are:
- Business Acumen - Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting their business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Directing Others - Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Intellectual Horsepower - Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Organizational Agility - Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
- Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of digital marketing, web, or customer analytics experience across channels and 4+ years of management of multi-person teams (preferably remote and in office)
- Strong knowledge of multiple digital channels and how they work together (SEM, SEO, CRO, Social, Shopping, Display, Email, Affiliate, etc.)
- Experience across various verticals including e-commerce and lead generation
- Strong analytical skills, proficient with Microsoft Excel, Tableau Software and data analysis
- Experience working with and utilizing Google or Adobe Analytics, and attribution solutions
- Effective time management and project management skills
About Tinuiti: Tinuiti is a performance and data-driven digital marketing leader, focused on every aspect of the customer journey across the quadropoly of Google, Facebook/Instagram, Amazon, Apple, and beyond. We believe success requires specialization across all channels, and our offerings cover the full spectrum from paid to earned to owned media. Our goal when we come to work every day is simple - to grow happiness. For our clients, their customers, our people and our partners. Growing happiness guides everything we do and our core values - Unleash Greatness, Never Stop Learning, Ignite Your Passion, Thankful Living, and Inspire Innovation & Change - inspire us to maintain a culture where our people take pride in their work and have fun doing it.
Disclaimer: This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. Tinuiti is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Working Conditions: Working indoors, sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, lifting no more than 10 pounds.