Associate Director, Analytics at Dentsu (Detroit, MI)
Associate Director, Analytics (Business Intelligence) Detroit
Carat is a full service, award-winning agency. It was the first independent global media agency and the bed rock global media partner inside Dentsu. Carat delivers an unparalleled capability to understand real people; their passions, motivations and behaviors and harness it to connect brands with customers. Carat is privileged to work with some of the most storied and innovative brands in the world, serving clients in over 100 countries via a network of more than 12,000 talented staff. Curiosity, Creativity, and Collaboration guide our people to deliver communications solutions in an innovative and empowering work environment. We are fueled by our core people-based design approach leveraging data and insights to deliver growth for our clients and more meaningful experiences to their customers. The strength of our work has been recognized around the world, with over 200 individual award wins this year alone and numerous national and local agency awards. MediaPost Holding Company of the Year 2016, Adweek Media Agency of the Year 2015, RECMA #1 Global Media Agency network 2020- Ranked #1 for the past 11 reports, GM supplier of the Year 2017 & 2020. Learn more about Carat visit Carat.com
Our Carat Detroit Office has been appointed by GM to service its global advertising T1 Buying, Planning, Analytics business since July 2012. Our digital analytics team is a highly collaborative and dynamic group responsible for all aspects of data collection, strategy consulting, measurement, dashboard and tool development, analyst, and performance reporting across all digital media channels. Our team works seamlessly with the broader Dentsu Business units and our clients a “One Team mindset” to continuously improve the value our client receives from their media investment.
About the Role
As the Associate Director of Analytics you will be a hands-on leader, mentor and develop your team to become effective with the delivery of relevant insights, create data-driven strategic recommendations, and be an advocate for the Analytics discipline. You will work with leaders across media teams, technology teams, and brands to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions.
You understand measurement principles and best practices ranging from oversight of daily tasks (KPI development, measurement planning, recurring monthly reports, etc.) to acting as a consultant on strategic recommendations encompassing People-Based Marketing, Cross Channel Measurement, MTA/MMM, Addressable Media, Dynamic Creative, Close loop Measurement, Diversity media. You will work with the Data Science team to interpret output from advanced data modeling, predictive modeling, and analytical techniques from media data and use these insights into plans to support our client’s outcomes.
You will oversee General Motors business, which includes team leadership, project management, storytelling, insights, and analytics solution development. You have the passion and ability to mine data to answer complex questions that help clients achieve their business objectives.
In this role you will be well equipped with exceptional tools, technology, skill development training and world-class Dentsu products to help you service the GM clients and excel in your career.
What we are looking for:
· Leaders: driven, passionate and supportive Individuals that want to advance and grow their career
· Mentors: Thrive on the success and growth development of the team.
· Curious and Entrepreneur like mindset: Not afraid to take risks, push your limits and boundaries to improve oneself, as well as the team and company
· Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written; An incredible storyteller, whose passion for building compelling stories using data, is matched only by an ability to communicate those stories.
· Greatly enjoys all aspects of data analytics and thrives around others of similar mindsets
· Advanced problem-solving skills: not only can you spot and solve current challenge but can foresee and proactively address potential future challenges.
Why you would enjoy being part of the Carat Team
At Carat we invest in our talent, we’ll help you develop your skillset and provide you with many opportunities to challenge yourself and shine:
· Ability to work on one of the largest US & Global brands in the world
· Access to our vast training development tools and program services via our Dentsu Learning Network; Dentsu University, Skill Academy, and Training Programs.
· Flexible vacation policy: time is not limited, allocated, or accrued – Take what you need, when you need it.
· Generous parental leave and new parent transition program
· Competitive Benefits (medical, Dental, vision, heath wellness etc.)
· Corporate 401K matching prograQualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree – ideally with a concentration in analytics, advertising marketing, business, Data Science & Business Analytics, or applied statistics/mathematics
· 6+ years. experience in digital media or specialist in media planning, consumer research, account planning, marketing, data science, media research
· Advanced knowledge of digital media analytics principles and experience with major analytics solutions and dashboard/data visualization tools
· Very good understanding of A/B and Multi-Variant testing methodologies and measurement strategies associated with performance optimization
· Experience successfully leading technical projects across teams with multiple stakeholders having a very clear understanding of working with departments (technology, creative, UX, media planning, media investment, programmatic media) to understand client priorities and overall strategic considerations
· Deep working knowledge of Ad Tech platforms including, DoubleClick (DBM, DCM) Adobe (Analytics)
· 3+ yrs. experience working directly with clients, and managing expectations and projects to ensure all needs are addressed
· Knowledgeable about data types, sources, partners, and what defines the quality of data; expert in leveraging data in a media and non-media context for activation, measurement as well as strategic applications
· Strong ability to dig into new technologies and understand their practical application to business problems
· Strong ability to understand the obstacles between a user case’s current practice, best practice, and how automation can drive next practice
· Strong creative and critical thinking skills with a focus on solving problems with given business requirements and a suite of technological potential
· Proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Business intelligence platform experience (Tableau and or PowerBI) is preferred
· Experience with SQL and Python is preferred but not requiredAdditional Information
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.