We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Associate, Compliance Tools and Data Analytics will work within the Compliance Technology team to design, build and maintain Transaction Monitoring Detection Scenarios and also build accurate internal and external reports and dashboards for TMS, KYC, Sanctions and Customer Risk Rating products.
The ideal candidate should have strong data analytics, SQL, Python, and data visualization skills. In addition, the candidate should have working knowledge of BSA/AML compliance, transaction monitoring, sanctions screening and customer risk rating.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Translate vague and complex reporting requests into clear and actionable requirements
- Design and build self-service dashboards and reports, including the use of visualizations
- Produce Data Extracts for State, Federal and International Regulators
- Develop system performance metrics, such as outage and delay metrics
- Implement a Testing and QA process to ensure consistent and accurate data is produced
- Working to a deadline to deliver accurate reports and dashboards
- Use your strong SQL & Python (Including with Classes and Functions) to build and enhance Transaction Monitoring Detections Scenarios.
- Conduct threshold initialization and on-going tuning of Detection Scenarios
- Writing clear documentation which can be reviewed by regulators and external examiners
- Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver solutions and under minimal supervision
- Supporting Coinbase during Model Validations and Regulatory Exams
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience gained at a technology, large consulting or financial technology firm
- Excellent analytical skills; strong SQL, Python and data visualization skills
- Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau, Redash and Looker
- Strong transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, KYC and/or risk rating experience.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC): requirements development, system design, development, testing and production launch.
- Ability to successfully collaborate in a cross-functional environment and under minimal supervision.
- Data-driven approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (including writing formal documentation)
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience with GitHub
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies will be a big plus but not a prerequisite.
- Model Validation and working with external examinations
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, including SCRUM
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $127,075 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.