Associate Business Analyst, Values Based Initiatives at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
NeueHealth is participating in the newest payment model launched by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMMI), known as Direct Contracting. We are seeking an Analyst to support a wide range of projects related to the strategy and operations of the Direct Contracting model. The Analyst will report directly to the AVP, Government Relations and will have the opportunity to own strategic projects. The Analyst is responsible for preparing strategy presentations to internal and external stakeholders, including competitive analysis and regulatory/policy analysis, and managing resources and tools to support our partners. The role will evolve based on organizational priorities and the professional development of the Analyst. This is an ideal opportunity for someone early in his/her career to be at the forefront of launching a new care model nationally. The Analyst will gain cross-functional experience in healthcare delivery in a high-growth team.
The Analyst, Value Based Initiatives job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Independently compile and analyze data / information for the direct contracting program and key stakeholders, such as regulatory changes and competitor activity
- Support the AVP, Governmental Relations to prepare executive-level presentations, special reports, and ad hoc presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Support Care Partner-facing DCE workstreams by developing agenda, taking meeting notes, updating project plans, and following-up on deliverables
- Develop and manage provider engagement deliverables, including the Direct Contracting (DC) partner portal, public-facing DC website, and DC provider handbook
- Work cross-functionally to design and execute special projects and initiatives related to the Direct Contracting model
- Manage monthly provider data submissions, including roster submissions and compliance requests
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business, economics, public health, community health or healthcare administration or related field
- 1 to 2 years professional experience in the health care space
- Prior internships with a strategy consulting firm, investment bank, or company in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Genuine interest in or connection to the healthcare industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Critical thinker with the ability to identify, solve problems, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Self-directed and enjoys working independently
- Able to understand regulatory and compliance rules
- Results and detail-oriented; accountable for their work
- Positive, contributes to team unity
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.