Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning Engineer at Workit Health (Ann Arbor, MI)
| Ann Arbor, MI
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:04 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 22, 2022
Location: Ann Arbor, MI, New York, NY, or remote
Workit Health is an on-demand, evidence-based addiction treatment provider changing the way care is delivered. By leveraging telemedicine and a medication-first approach, we are improving clinical outcomes and enabling more individuals to enter long-term recovery. The engineering team is growing and looking for a highly capable Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning Engineer to optimize our machine learning systems. You will be evaluating existing machine learning (ML) processes, performing statistical analysis to resolve data set problems, and enhance the accuracy of our AI software's predictive automation capabilities.
To ensure success as a machine learning engineer, you should demonstrate solid data science knowledge and experience in a related ML role. A first-class machine learning engineer will be someone whose expertise translates into the enhanced performance of predictive automation software.
Machine Learning Engineer Responsibilities:
- Consulting with managers to determine and refine machine learning objectives.
- Designing machine learning systems and self-running artificial intelligence (AI) software to automate predictive models.
- Transforming data science prototypes and applying appropriate ML algorithms and tools.
- Ensuring that algorithms generate accurate user recommendations.
- Turning unstructured data into useful information by auto-tagging images and text-to-speech conversions.
- Solving complex problems with multi-layered data sets, as well as optimizing existing machine learning libraries and frameworks.
- Developing ML algorithms to analyze huge volumes of historical data to make predictions.
- Running tests, performing statistical analysis, and interpreting test results.
- Documenting machine learning processes.
Machine Learning Engineer Requirements:
- Experience with relevant AI/ML technologies (e.g., TensorFlow, Flume, machine learning libraries).
- Superb analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and AI/ML algorithms.
- 3+ year’s experience as a machine learning engineer.
- Advanced proficiency with at least two of the following programming languages: Python, Ruby, Go, Java, and R
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, mathematics, or a related field.
Nice to have
- Passionate about directly optimizing core products or operations through AI/ML systems deployed to production.
- You have significant professional experience with applied data analytics and predictive modeling.
- You have healthcare experience, especially with chatbots and telehealth.
- You excel at communicating progress, trade-offs, and the results of your work to team members from other functions.
Why Join Workit?
Workit Health is a team of thinkers and doers disrupting the status quo of care through telemedicine. We are a rapidly growing telemedicine B-corporation that puts members first in ensuring they receive the best possible care in addiction and beyond. We are a group of solution architects passionate about creating more accessible opportunities for people to help people make life-long change.
Workit Health is the nation’s leading provider of on-demand, evidence-based care for substance use and mental health. By leveraging telemedicine and a medication-first approach, we are improving clinical outcomes and enabling more individuals to enter long-term recovery.
We’re excited to expand the team as our impact continues to grow to over 110 million covered lives. The dedication our team members bring to the table reflects our mission-driven culture of making the gold standard of care for addiction more accessible through harm reduction-based, patient-centered support. We are looking for driven and compassionate individuals with a desire to transform an entire health ecosystem ripe for disruption.
*As we are an addiction recovery company, those in addiction recovery themselves are encouraged to apply.
Workit Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
More Information on Workit Health
Workit Health operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Ann Arbor, MI and Emeryville, CA. Workit Health was founded in 2014. It has 114 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Remote Work Program, Paid Sick Days and Company Outings. To see all jobs at Workit Health, click here.
Read Full Job Description