Architect, Data at Elementary (Remote)
Our team of 40 is growing fast with plans to double in the next 6 months alone. We just secured $30 million in Series B funding led by Tiger Global and Threshold Ventures, Fika Ventures, Fathom Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, and Idealab. With this new capital we plan to expand our engineering, sales and support teams to service an incredible list of recently acquired customers.
As seen in Forbes, TechCrunch and VentureBeat.
Elementary delivers a full-stack, AI-driven visual inspection solution for a wide variety of global manufacturers such as Toyota and Milwaukee Tool. Leveraging computer vision, edge computing, and cloud-based machine learning models, Elementary's proprietary platform is leading the way for massive change in automated manufacturing.
Our mission is to make manufacturing more efficient and less wasteful through scalable, automated, data-driven products that support strained quality inspection teams who continue to experience massive labor shortages due to the ever-expanding demand for manufactured goods. Our goal is to inspect 100% of products coming off of production lines, reducing manufacturing defects and eliminating costly and dangerous recalls of products that ultimately wind up in consumers hands.
We are headquartered in Los Angeles, CA with offices in Mexico City. Remote work available.
“There are few trillion dollar markets like manufacturing, and watching the execution level of the Elementary team to land and expand with global, Fortune 200 companies has been extremely exciting to be a part of.” - Mo Islam, Elementary Board Director and Partner at Threshold Ventures.
We’re looking for a Data Architect to join our core platform and architecture team which builds the foundation of our scalable data solutions.
- Determine best practices and architecture for all product data including images, machine learning classifications, user labels, metadata and more
- Develop and implement data pipelines which range from real-time streaming to connected users to long-term queryable warehousing for retrieval and/or machine learning training.
- Implement solutions in AWS, leveraging tools such as S3, Athena, Redshift, RDS or others
- Determine the need for and/or drive partnerships with third-parta data processing and/or warehousing companies such as Snowflake, Databricks, or others
- Work closely with the security team to ensure stringent data privacy requirements are being met.
- Work closely with backend, devops and machine learning teams to integrate architectural solutions into the end user product
- Develop cost-effective data practices that meet all stakeholders' needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience utilizing AWS for scaled production big data problems
- 3+ years of experience developing data pipelines including relational databases and long-term warehouse-level storage
- 3+ years of experience with Postgres
- Experience with AWS RDS
- Experience with AWS Athena
- Experience with data warehousing and processing solutions such as RedShift, Snowflake and/or Databricks
- Compensation package including competitive salary and early-stage equity
- Medical and Dental insurance benefits
- Flexible Vacation Policy (3-4 weeks)
- A team culture focused on inclusivity, curiosity, personal and technical humility, ownership, and work/life balance.