GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager to join our Analytics team.
The Analytics and Insights job family is responsible for providing data driven insights to the business to improve decision making. These are embedded analytics teams that live in the functional areas and provide data requirements to the centralized data team.
For this particular role, you will be working closely with Sales Finance and will require Salesforce and Strategic Analytics experience, preferably in a B2B setting.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
Want to know more detail about the impact that Data and Analytics is having at GitLab? Watch this videoResponsibilities
- Business Insights: deep understanding of business models and ability to identify, build a business case and resource opportunities to apply rigorous data analytics methods to formulate actionable insights and recommendations.
- Cross-functional Business Partnership: ability to formulate and execute on analyses that span multiple functions and that drive business bottom line impact.
- Stakeholder Partnership: be a trusted advisor to stakeholders across multiple functions and execute appropriate analysis to add value to and influence stakeholder decision making.
- Analytical Modeling: ability to formulate models for segmentation, sizing, prediction and forecasting.
- Data Subject Matter Expert: Identify data gaps and document it for our product, data and IT teams. Improve your personal data workflow.
- Testing and test design: Follow A/B testing best practices, execute analysis for A/B tests, experiments across multiple functions.
- Presenting Data and Insights: make dashboards, visualizations and presentations to advance decision making power in the company.
- Mentorship: mentor junior and senior analysts on the team.
- Experience with Salesforce and working with Sales as your main stakeholder.
- Experience recommendation: 9-12 years of experience in a consulting or analytics role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model.
- 9-12 years of analytical modeling experience, SQL required, Python and R experience preferred.
- 5-7 years experience contributing to data modeling.
- 3-5 years experience in developing dashboards and visualizations.
- 3-5 years experience with test design and analysis, preferably in the high tech industry.
- Experience with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics is a big plus.
- Experience working in cloud environments such as AWS, GCP is a plus.
- Data Analysis: A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in SQL; R, Python preferred.
- Financial Modeling: Be able to create financial models that follow industry best practice. Expertise in Google sheets (we do not use excel for modeling purposes).
- A/B Testing experience: experience designing and executing A/B tests in collaboration with growth or product teams.
- Business Acumen: Be able to understand the business at a level to influence EVP priorities and company strategy.
- Business Partnership: Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions.
- Communication: Ability to present financial data concisely through written and oral communication. Expert at influencing business stakeholders.
- BS degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or relevant degree. MBA preferred.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Hiring Process
To view the full job description and hiring process, please view our handbook. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.