Analytics & Optimization Manager at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
Would you love to be part of a team that develops sophisticated statistical models and planning applications to provide insight into the impact of marketing, sales, and other commercial investments? Do you enjoy working with partners to determine client engagement and evaluate performance measurement? Are you inquisitive by nature and driven to understand the business behind the magic? If your answer is yes! The Advanced Analytics & Optimization Manager might be the role for you.
The Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) team is part of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) segment. CIMA influences data-driven and consumer-centric decision making with integrated, objective, and insights. In this position, you will use multiple statistical methodologies to develop insights into our global marketing investment and incorporate these insights in advanced forecasting applications for use by the Global Marketing & Sales Organization. At the direction of senior leadership, you will also develop and implement data mining projects for the wider CIMA organization.
In this role, you will be individual contributor reporting to the Manager, Domestic Parks Media Analytics.
- Develop Marketing Mix Models for a variety of business units.
- Transform model results into insights to help partners understand historical media impact and trends in media performance.
- Develop and deliver productive, insightful analytic presentations that provide consultative direction to key partners.
- Build other statistical models for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products business units and business problems.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain insights into the business operations and to validate data.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with various analytic, data mining and machine learning methodologies including: multivariate regression, mixed models, clustering, time series regression, and forecasting.
- Proficiency in R or Python for data mining
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including the ability to summarize and present sophisticated analytics to senior leadership.
- High proficiency with using R or Python for data mining.
- Prior work experience within media agency or analytics consulting firm
- Knowledgeable in marketing or media mix modeling
- Expert in advanced data mining and statistical methodologies
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Master's degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, economics, data mining, computer science, engineering, or operations research
- PhD or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, economics, data mining, computer science, engineering, or operations research