Analytics Manager at Leap Inc
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
Mission for the position:
As a growing leader within Leap’s Data Analytics practice, you will be a key player in driving data-driven culture here at Leap. You will bring your unique analytics experience to help shape how teams think of and use data through a close collaboration with our core teams. As a member of this team, you will work with a variety of stakeholders across the business and provide insights and analysis using Looker and other complementary tools.
As a member of the Analytics team, you will balance the needs of each team with Leap’s overall business goals. Your work will include both independent work and collaborative projects, which will require close collaboration with other members of the Tech team, especially analytics engineering. Your exceptional communication skills will be a helpful tool when balancing this wide variety of stakeholders.
- Provide analytical support to Leap’s core teams (finance, accounting, business development, customer success, real estate, human resources, retail operations, merchandising, marketing, & field)
- Create reports using Looker that teams will use to drive decision-making
- Support non-technical teams through formal and informal training on how to effectively implement analytics practices
- Work cross-functionally with members of the Tech team to complete projects
Competencies for Success:
- 5+ years full-time analytics work, preferably with experience in one of these disciplines: finance, real estate, retail, human resources, marketing, or merchandising
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools; Looker preferred but not required
- Familiarity with data warehouse structures
- Experience working cross-functionally and balancing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to assess what is and is not aligned with Leap’s and the team’s goals, and the ability to clearly voice why work will or will not be picked up
- A desire to promote data literacy throughout the organization and teach others to “fish”
- Humility and high aptitude for learning and self-improvement
- High level of comfort working along a dynamic and evolving roadmap
- Innately curious, wants to understand all parts of Leap’s business, encourages innovation and creative problem solving with others
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style - self-starting, highly accountable, ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Better data-driven decision-making by internal Leap functions
- Increased data literacy and self-sufficiency among Leap staff
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team.
In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.