Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And this is just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition is to transform the home ownership experience, by identifying and addressing potential issues before they arise. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
We are looking for an experienced Analytics Manager or Senior Manager to work cross-functionally across various facets of our business. This person will work with our Sales, Operations, and Marketing teams to understand the current state of the business and discover avenues for optimization and improvement. The role reports into the Head of Data & Analytics.
· Self motivated, organized, and highly logical
· Enjoy teamwork and working in fast paced, cross-functional environments
· Biased towards results and developing practical, systematic solutions
· Can effectively balance precision, simplicity, and speed of execution
· Maintain high standards of quality for themselves and their team
· Can move with ease from the very strategic to the very tactical, and back
What You'll Do
· Manage priorities and progress of all data projects for a set of business partners; drive alignment on the objectives, scope, and deliverables; remove obstacles as needed
· Grow and develop a team of data analysts and data scientists; participate in recruiting activities; set and enforce standards of quality; provide direct and frequent feedback
· Develop roadmaps of data initiatives in support of high-level business objectives
· Measure the impact of business initiatives, investigate complex data issues, and identify areas of business improvement
· Develop tools and processes that increase the productivity of the data team and facilitate access to data insights at Hippo
What You’ll Need
· Minimum 3 years of experience managing a team of data analysts or data scientists
· Advanced Degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields
· Great understanding of statistics, machine learning, and causal inference methods
· Strong coding skills in SQL and Python
· Excellent communication skills including ability to present findings to senior leadership
· Familiarity with actuarial and insurance metrics is a plus
· Fun offices in Palo Alto, Texas, New Jersey, and soon SF / Oakland!
· Flexible, unlimited PTO (with manager’s approval)
· Full paid benefits incl. medical, dental, vision, ltd, std, EAP, and FSA account
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.