At Smule, our mission is to help the world sing together. In order for us to succeed in our mission, we constantly listen to customers, bring innovations to them quickly and consistently and continue to make our products and offerings exceed their expectations. All these initiatives start and end with the right insights that result in the right outcomes. To that end, we are looking for an exceptional analytics manager to join our growing team of data analytics experts and manage the processes and people responsible. The ideal candidate has a knack for seeing solutions in large data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our company. The Analytics Manager will work closely with product, engineering, and marketing to support and implement data-driven decision-making in every aspect of our product development. They will continue to enhance our scrum processes and procedures for the analytics team to follow and hold the team accountable to not just reporting the metrics but also providing the right actionable insights. The right person will apply their exhaustive knowledge of data analysis to solve real-world problems for our customers and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, A/B tests and business functions.
- A sense of urgency and ownership when it comes to product insights and actions
- Lead and mentor a team of 8 data analysts based in the US and Bulgaria.
- Provide stakeholders (product, marketing, finance) with concise reports that include clear actionable insights.
- Manage and plan sprints for three key product areas (acquisition, retention and monetization)
- Experience analyzing and manipulating data sets to understand patterns and provide actionable insights.
- Develop key metrics for measuring the success of product features and user experience.
- Apply fundamental statistical hypotheses and experimental design techniques to test new product features.
- Conversant in running split tests and an experimentation led mindset
- Willing to roll up their sleeves and dive in when necessary
- A quantitative degree in a field like Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or Engineering.
- 5+ years in analytics, with experience leading, coaching and managing an analytics team.
- Experience building metric frameworks to understand user behaviors.
- Expert in SQL, data collection and instrumentation, data modeling/transformation skill, and visualization/reporting knowledge.
- Experience in a scripting language like Python or R.
- Solid theoretical and practical understanding of statistical frequentist testing framework and experiment design principles.
- Proven experience managing shifting priorities, while maintaining organization and control.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to convey technical principles to non-technical audiences
- Advanced degrees in quantitative fields.
- Experience in statistical modeling and machine learning techniques such as regression, classification, content recommenders.
- Experience in mobile application and consumer software industry.
- Team player - frequent collaborations with teams across two office locations.
- Able to work in fast-paced start-up environments.
- Ready to have fun and experience the coolest mobile singing app!